Telling Liv and Meeting Charlie

Precinct- Elliot's POV.

I was getting the mail when I saw a letter I wasn't expecting to see. I hurried to the squad, liv was talking to Cragen and Amaro so I decided to wait, to catch her on her own. I took her to interrogation and she gave me a confused look. "You gonna arrest me officer?" she asked jokingly before turning serious.

"I got this in the mail today" I say handing her the envelope and she stares.

"What is it?" she asked and all I could do was smile.

"Open it" I said leaving so she could have some alone time to read what Charlotte had sent.

Olivia's POV - interrogation room.

I opened the letter and began to read it aloud.

Um... I'm not good at starting letters sorry but I'm Charlotte as you know and well I guess I'm your daughter. I smiled at her innocence and continued to read. Don't worry I already apologised to Mr. Stabler for sending him the letter but I had no way to contact you. I don't even know if you're alive since he sent me that letter six months ago my "mother" isn't a fan of you and I don't know why it's not like she loves me anyway. I hope you won't be disappointed by me for not exactly being the girl with the best rep. Well um... Bye I hope we can get in touch I'd really love to meet you.

I smiled tears flowing down my face I couldn't help but cry. My initial thought was how do I face her? I wrote her back almost immediately.

Charlotte's POV

I was crying hysterically in my room it was a Saturday morning and once again Jerry had his way with me. I stayed in my room and cried until I heard the mail man. I'd been checking the mail the past month and nothing but today I saw it a little envelope with my name on it clear as day. I rushed to my room to open the letter.

Dear Charlotte

I'm not that great at starting letters myself so here goes. I'm alive firstly I guess that's important and um.. Well let's see my name's Olivia Benson I live in New York and by the looks of things I hope you still live here cause ACS kind of has a screwed up system. I'd love to meet up with you sometime as soon as possible really.

Reading this I broke down in tears she actually wants to meet me! My mom! and she left a phone number! I put the number in my really outdated smartphone and called her.

"Hello?" she asked.

"H-hi it's me Charlie" I stuttered

"Oh um.. Hi"

"Yeah I was just wondering if we could meet up today?"

"Sure could you come to McDonald's at around 4ish"

"Yeah sure! Um... Could I bring a friend?"

"Sure I'll bring a friend too" she said which made me laugh a little.

"OK!" I said excitedly and immediately looked for something to wear then I called my close friend Sarah.

"Sarah guess what! I'm gonna meet my mom today!" I squealed and she squealed too. Mary and Jerry were in bed so they were a little too "busy" to notice I was gone. Me and Sarah or Sarah and I, I should say entered McDonald's nervously. I texted me mom to let her know I was there. We sat at a booth and waited after ten minutes I became wrestles but that all went when I saw her. She was with a man and they sat down across from us. "That's Sarah" I smile and Olivia smiles too.

"That's mister Stabler" she laughs me and Sarah laughed too.

"I'm Elliot" he introduced and I nodded. We all sat and talked for awhile, it was nice Olivia really knows how to make me laugh, I know I should call her mom but I'm just not ready.