Chapter 5 Ha, She is a Waste of Space!

In the previous chapter, The police gasps. "Oh, dear ! Oh, dear me!" The police goes to the school. They enter the class and walk up to Miss Bustier! "Excuse me, but do you have a Lila Rossi and Chloe Bougerious here?"

     with Adrienette....

    Adrien thinks, should I? Then he nods his head, his mind made up at last. He whispers, "M-Marinette...I-I, uh,..."

      "A-Adrien, it is alright.  I know why they did it.  They do not like me.  No one ever does since I am a clutz."  Marinette says sadly.

      "M-Marinette, you are not.  You are important to us all!  You are important to me!" Adrien says.

        Marinette looks at him in surprise. She thinks, me important to Adrien?  She does not get it.  How could he say this to her?   Is it true?

        Back at the school...

         "Well, what is this all about officers?"  Miss Bustier ask them.

       " Lila Rossi and Chloe Bougerious have charges against them.  They have accusations of  abuse, injury, bodily harm, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and the attempt on Marinette Dupain-Cheng's  life."  The police says.

         "Weapon, what do they mean by this?  There is no weapon!  Tell them!  Tell them, will you?" Chloe says.

        "Ha, now that is where you are very wrong!"  Lila scoffs.

       "What? What do you mean?"  Chloe's  face goes pale.

      "Why should it matter?  You said it yourself, you dislike her!  As do I!"  Lila brags. She has the handcuffs put on her and does not try to protest her innocence in all this.

        "Wait, you cannot do this to me!  Do you know who I am? I am the mayor's daughter!  I did not do it!  I swear!" Chloe calls out. She sobs. She feels full of shame, remorse even for what they did to Marinette.

        "Well, by the looks of it you two hit her, gave her kicks, and if that was not bad enough she has stab marks in multiple areas." The police officer, Roger explains.

       "Stab marks?  Oh, my goodness!  Lila, what did you do?"  Chloe screams.  It is then she realizes that Lila did something more horrible than even she can imagine to the Dupain-Cheng girl.

    "What?  I do you a favor, and this is all you can say?"  Lila sneers at her. She cannot believe Chole is angry at her for all her help.

       "I never should have gotten you to help me.  It was a mistake!  A  huge one!  I never meant for Marinette to be a knife wound victim!  Why, Lila that is even to distasteful for you!  I will never forgive you!  I  hate you Lila!  I hate you!   Oh, no!  Marinette, will she be alright?"  Chloe says. She passes out as the officers cuff her next.

       Lila smirks. She is happy very happy to hear the police know she was the one to attack Marinette with the knife.  She is glad that no one else will ever get credit for her job!  She can only hope it was a success.  If not, than she knows someone who can finish it for her.  Someone no one will ever suspect!  Someone that even the police are bound not to have under their radar, or at least not closely anyway.

       "Miss Rossi, you have the right to remain silent anything you say my be used against you in the court of law!"  Roger says.

     "Yeah, yeah, I know the drill!  My uncle is an ex police man!  He felt the job was a bit hard on him, so he chose to retire early from it."  Lila says. She has a creepy look on her face. She is not to happy with Chloe. Not in the least bit.

    "As for you and your accomplice here, you both should  be  ashamed of yourselves!  It is a much dreadful indeed you did to Miss Dupain-Cheng!  She did nothing to either of you!"  The police replies.

      "Did nothing?  She did everything!  She took Adrien from us!   She should know he is meant to be mine!  Mine you hear and no one else's."  Lila says. She laughs a sinister laugh afterwards.

       The police take them both to the police station.  A doctor who works for the police attends to Chloe, she sees to it that the girl is alright. She runs some test. She cannot find anything wrong with her.  She concludes the girl must have past out from the guilt and by the way she handles the news about the weapon figures perhaps she knew nothing about it.  Otherwise, she is just a good actress when it comes to such things.

       Chloe wakes up. She takes a look around her. She sobs. She thinks, Marinette, is she okay?  She can only hope that the girl makes it and in time forgives her for what she has done. She feels horrible for what she has done to her!  She calls Sabrina on the phone and ask her for forgiveness for being such a bad best friend to her. She explains all and she cries even more as Sabrina forgives her. She thinks as she hangs up there has to be a way to prove to Sabrina that I intend to be a better friend from here on out, but how?

      Lila  laughs. She does not care that she is held in  a cell.  She does seem to care about much other than revenge .  She is one evil girl with an equally evil life. She hates her own mother!  She hates her with a passion that is above and beyond everything that is good. 

      "Marinette, oh she is such a pity, really!  Ha, She is a Waste of Space!  She is a nobody!  She is a has been!  She is not worthy of anyone least of all Adrien!  Can you not see?  She is a user!  I was only trying to save him from her clutches."  Lila says in  a voice that is low and creepy as ever.

      "Miss Rossi, we advice you do not say another word without the your lawyer present."  The police replies.

       Chloe says,  "Oh, Lila needs more than a lawyer! She needs a doctor!  She is insane!"  

         "Miss Bougerious, that is quite enough."  The police officer remarks.

     Now back to Adrienette again...

         Adrien is now out of his hospital bed and beside Marinette's.  He climbs in next to her and holds her gently.  He sobs. He feels his tears roll down his cheeks and onto the woman he loves more than life itself.  

       "A-Adrien?"  Marinette begins.

     "M-Marinette!  I  cannot loose you!  I do not know what I would ever do without you!  Why, I would probably die!"  Adrien says.  He looks into her eyes and sees the all familiar look again.  

    "A-Adrien, it is okay.  I will be fine."  Marinette says.

       Adrien holds onto her and refuses to stop.  He just holds her in silence now.

       Marinette thinks, wow!  She gently touches him with her good arm.  "There now, there is no need for any of that you know."  Marinette remarks.

      "Marinette, I need you in my life."  Adrien says.

           Six months later, he comes to see her again and she refuses to speak to him at first.

             "Adrien, you should not have come.  I just a waste of space."  Marinette tells him.

            Adrien is glad to see her.  He tries to tell her the truth.   He tries to to confess his love for her, but she shuts him out.  He sighs, sobs and turns away. He has to let her go!  He must since she hates him now.

       Adrien stands up, goes to the door, opens it and walks away sadly.  As he leaves, he says, "Farwell, M-Mari!  Take care of yourself!"  Adrien goes home in sadness. He thinks, I was to late, now she hates me.  He sobs, he tries to text her, but gets no answers. None at all...

    chapter published July 26,2019 and edits made August 4, & August 5, 2019

     to be continued in Chapter 6   She is Not the Same