Chapter 55 Anastacia- Mar 8, 2019

"What if I somehow get caught by something and get dragged in the ocean?" I ask Zamari as I try to fold a million shirts into my luggage.

    We've been on the phone for an hour and he's been trying to convince me it's a perfect time to start packing my suitcase considering I'm going to be on the plane tomorrow at 8 am. It took a while but I finally found the energy.

    "I wouldn't worry, they'd probably return you because they'll feel bad that you have one too many problems," Zamari answers. He's in the kitchen making Jade a sandwich. I love how he turned into a servant.

"Very funny," I laugh. "Okay, so I have six shirts, like five pairs of shorts and like two pairs of jeans, two bathing suits, flip flops, socks, bras, underwear, and way too many tank tops," I say counting with my fingers.

"You're missing all of your utilities," he mentions.

"I know, I have to put them all in separate baggies, or else they'll kick me off the plane,"

Zamari snorts. "I would love to see that."

"I would like to see that happen to you," I tease.

"I wish they would. Nobody gets in my way!" He growls.

"Shut the fuck up," I hiss.

"Okay,"

I burst out laughing. "Good job Mr. Nobody-gets-in-my way,"

"I was just playing, you know," he smiles.

"I can tell," I tease.

We stay on the phone until my luggage is fully packed and ready for Florida. It took another good hour, but we made it happen. I kept wanting to give up, but he pushed me through it. Now I'm snuggled in bed with the phone over my face and I hope I don't accidentally drop it.

"I want to wear my Minnie-Mouse crop top to Magic Kingdom, but I would also want to wear it to like the beach or something because it's really flowy, you know?" I mention.

"As long as you don't wear it to Universal," he rolls his eyes.

"Bet! I'll do that just for you," I smile. He shakes his head and starts chuckling.

"Hey, can I ask you a favor though?" I ask, a little more on the serious side.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm going to be gone for a week and Estrella is 31 weeks pregnant. I'm usually her other hand when mom isn't here or she's with front door neighbor until we come home from school, but they're going on vacation as well. I've asked you before, but I'll just make sure you're still on it, can you help me out and keep an eye on her?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course. I can prolly take Jade and Amari to your house just so I can say we left the house for the week," he jokes and I giggle.

"I love that. And mom would also really appreciate it. She adores you anyways," I mention.

"All moms love me. Even Estrella,"

"At times,"

"All the time!"

"Don't flatter yourself, we didn't really like you the week before the gender reveal," I say and he flashes his teeth.

"That was a pretty good week,"

"I'm sure it was," I roll my eyes. I check the time and realize it's getting late. "So, I should probably go to sleep soon. I have to wake up hella early to be on a plane for like 4 hours."

"That's probably a good idea. What are you guys going to do tomorrow since y'all going to be jet-lagged?"

"First, get settled in at the house we're going to be staying at. Next, probably take a nap. Then Naomi's mom got us a few tickets for a show downtown, so we'll see how that goes," I smile.

"That's cool. Alright Anastacia, I'll let you go to sleep. Have a safe trip," he mentions.

"Thanks! I'll text you when I'm about to take off and when I land," I say.

"Better. Alright, night Ana," he waves goodbye.

"Night Zamari," I say and press the end button.

I put my phone to the side and slide out of bed. I'm about to leave the room when I see Strella in a maternity green shirt and leggings walking my direction.

"On the phone with Zamari again?" She asks, smirking.

"Yeah, and?" I ask, confused.

"Nothing. Other than the fact that you like Zamari," she makes a silly face and makes hearts with her hands.

"Oh, God, Estrella. What are you, 12?"

"Close enough," she jokes. "But I can tell that what you have for Zamari is more than just a friendship. You don't have a boyfriend to worry about. Give it a shot." She tries to encourage me.

"It's not like that. I didn't break up with Luis because I want to go running to Zamari's arms. We're just friends and we're fine with that," I say, crossing my arms.

"Bet you haven't even told him about the breakup," she mimics me.

I feel my face flush. I never find the right time, and it's irrelevant. "I haven't told him because it's not important to me. I just forget all the time," I say.

"Sure!"

"I swear! Now go worry about little Ana instead," I tease, rubbing her belly.

She smacks her lips and rolls her eyes. "You wish I'd name my baby Ana," she says and I laugh.

"Okay, well I'm just going to go brush my teeth and crash. I'm going to Florida tomorrow but I'm still not excited to wake up early," I say rubbing my face and heading towards the bathroom.

"Alright, well have fun and be safe. I need you home and in one piece next week," she says and leans forward to give me a hug.

"I'll try! And you, don't overwork yourself. Zamari is going to be popping in every once in a while to check up on you. He might bring Jade too so it should be fun," I mention and pull away from her arms.

"He doesn't have to, but I don't mind. I'll let him know when I need him," she says backing away.

"Just don't call him when you need a glass of milk and you're sitting on the couch," she giggles.

"That sounds about me," she smiles. "Okay, goodnight!" She calls out and flops into her room.

"Goodnight," I whisper, smiling.

I walk into the bathroom and wash my face so I can get into bed I'm about to leave but I start to think that it might be a good idea to pack all of my toiletries before I get lazy in the morning.