Chapter 7: discoveries

Shuichi's P.O.V

We were quickly greeted when others in the basement noticed our arrival not long before they wandered off to do their own thing.

Assuring that the other door was sealed, Kaede and I barged into the library to reveal...

Rantaro. His head indented and pools of blood, thick and dark. Slowly a shot put ball came to a holt from still rolling.

In that moment it seemed like no one existed. Not my person. Not my thoughts. Not my
Friends and definitely not the world.

Kaede let out a blood curdling screech, her face paling within seconds of processing the sight in front of her.

Meanwhile I stood by her with wide eyes and covered my mouth with my hands in shock.

T-this wasn't supposed to happen.

My mind raced through anything I could have thought of trying my best to piece together what happened.

Managing to calm and soothe myself from any panic I remembered what this was truly about.

Had we caught the mastermind? Are we finally free?
As if someone were to look into my thoughts; an alert went to the monitors placed upon every wall in every room or area.

"Puhuhuh~ and so our killing game gets a kick start" the almost cute mechanic bear cackled as he magically appeared with his cubs in front of us where they all had their own reactions to the situation.

All of the other classmates were informed that they were to report to the library and that a body had been found, no one took the news or sight of it lightly, even if they didn't show much on the outside you could just tell that they felt something.

"Yeah, yeah enough of this mourning. There shall be an investigation held and then shortly after a trial. Surely by now you all know the rules but just in case: not only will there be one death, becauseeee we have the execution to add to it afterwards too, just be sure to get the right person, wouldn't want our game to be ended so soon right?" the black and white split bear practically got shivers thinking about more into murdering.

I felt my breathing and heart beat become a lot more aggressive as things still settled in.

Fellow classmates marched out searching for clues or they just got a closer inspection of the corpse itself. Of course very few could actually deal with that.

I noticed Kaede shakily walk out of the library not muttering a single word.

Giving it a minute or two of debating, I too walked out and went looking for her. Maybe I should be searching for all of the answers but apart of me was yelling that I had to assure that she was alright.

My luck appeared to be well because as soon as I stepped out I noticed something in the corner of my eye. Kaede was sat with her knees to her chest on the floor at the very end of the gloomy hallway.

I silently shuffled towards her dropping myself into the ground right next to her.

Neither of us said anything yet I felt her despair deep within. So I gently pushed her head onto my shoulder and rested my own head on top of hers.

"It'll be okay Kaede...w-we can survive this first trial and find an actual way out of here. We just have to."

I realised what I had just done and said however it didn't creep up on me. The poor girl was traumatised. She needed this comfort and I vowed that I'd protect so long as we remained in this dreadful place.

"De-death is something we are to get used to..." the blonde female choked on her own words.

Once again everything was left with no one speaking and we only heard faint yells of panicked friends and acquaintances. Maybe even a potential enemy who was so willing to kill.

In those few seconds I was left to think, I made any connections of who our bloodthirsty person may be. It was only then that the fear truly swarmed me.

Our plan was interfered with, who were the only 4 people that knew that we were looking for someone? It was not one of them. It couldn't be!

Sooner or later the truth was to be exposed that was inevitable so long as the rest of us wanted to live.

We sat there for an additional 10 minutes until we suppressed our depressed state and awkwardly searched for clues.

-
-
-
(I'm so sorry for this dramatic plot line but gotta spice it up somehow ^w^)