twenty-three; irl & instagram

-•-•-

As Arabella and Joseph stepped out of the elevator, a sickly silence fell upon them. Arabella seemed lost in her own mind, and the blond-haired man watched with delicate concern as she curled her arms over her abdomen. 

He had known the woman for years; he knew when something was bothering her. 

The pair soon made it down the long corridor of the fourth floor, reaching room number 412 with second-natured ease. No words were exchanged as Arabella fished her room card out of her back pocket and inserted it into the door. A green light flashed, and the woman seemed to blink herself out of her trance. 

"Thanks for walking me to my room," she suddenly spoke, clearing her throat in an attempt to break the awkward silence that unfortunately seemed to be looming over them. It was strange; Arabella usually had her lips blabbering constantly, only stopping to laugh or show off pictures of Samantha (who was doing absolutely wonderfully under the care of Wes). 

She seemed genuinely shaken by what the paparazzi had spewed.

"Don't mention it. I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally walk out of a fourth-story window," Joseph replied with a shrug, a small grin creeping onto his face as Arabella let out an airy chuckle. "But really. Are you alright?"

The brunette chewed on her bottom lip as her gaze flickered anywhere but his honest blue eyes. She had never been a good liar, and therefore had always hated that question. The silence was deafening, though this time it wasn't a bad silence. It was comfortable, reassuring, even though Arabella couldn't quite force the words out of her lungs. Her rich brown eyes found their way back up to Joseph after a moment of watching the carpet with intense focus, as if the strands of aged wool spelled out the quadratic formula and begged her to solve a three-point bonus question. 

Arabella's eyes traced the man's chin, dusted with faint stubble; the man's jaw, strong and piercing, yet gentle and trustworthy; and his lips, the way his tongue danced across them and leaving a glistening pink behind.

But then she blinked, and forced her eyes away from the man as she turned her back on him, taking a small step into her room. She held the door open for one last second as she answered. "Uh, y-yeah. I'm cool. You're cool. Everything is fine. I'll see you later, okay? Yeah, cool."

A deep breath escaped her mouth as she kicked off her heels and let her back slide down the boring eggshell-colored wall, finally allowing herself to react to hearing . . . that name again, for the first time in two years.

Nathan.

She drew her lips between her teeth as her eyes watered against her own will, choking back a sob that threatened to spill out. Her throat was on fire, chest aching with unimaginable force, and she wondered what the hell was wrong with herself. She never cried, and the fact that she couldn't will the hurt away just pushed her bottled-up emotions over the edge. 

The violent buzzing that was coming from her purse certainly wasn't helping, either. She haphazardly scanned the screen, and her heart began to thump quicker and quicker, ramming itself against her ribcage. 

Hundreds, thousands of notifications from Instagram, Twitter, snapchat, everything. 

And they all led back to one person.

-•-•-

nathanalbrecht It's been really hard seeing all of these news stories pop up, talking about my girlfriend and another man

nathanalbrecht It's been really hard seeing all of these news stories pop up, talking about my girlfriend and another man. I was under the impression that this second chance at a new, healthy shot at a relationship was going well, as you can see from this picture that we took about a week ago, but I guess that was just me. I've had my heart broken by the same person before, but it was a mutual decision to pick up where we left off and try again. However, no matter how many times you hurt me, Arabella, I will forgive you. It's just the type of person I am, and I will never stop loving you. 
[tagged: arabellascott]

213.1k likes
29.9k comments

user1 ...wait, what? Ara is dating someone??

user2 am I the only one that has no idea what the hell is going on
     ↪ user14 @user2 nOPE

user3 I though Arabella and Nathan broke up like two years ago??
     ↪ user29 @user3 they def did, I remember hearing about it a little after her last TVD episode aired. but apparently they got back together at some point? girl idk 😐

user4 why do I kinda feel bad tho
     ↪ user19 @user4 yeah same wtf. I can't tell whether we're crackheads or intellectuals.

 user5 BITCH WHAT?! I THOUGHT ARA AND JOSEPH WERE JUST FRIENDS O_o
     ↪ user34 @user5 yeah I thought they were both single 😔🤙 I wonder if Joseph knew
     ↪ user18 tEA

wesleyscott @arabellascott text me. now.
     ↪ rosedemartino @arabellascott WHAT HE SAID.

-•-•-

a/n; hehe drama