Chapter 14

"Christine Daee, where have you been?" Meg said as I snuck into the ballet girls room. "After our impromptu practice after the performance, I went to your room to find a man, a very handsome man mind you, sleeping at the foot of your door. Do you have any clue what that's about?"

"I-"

"Before you start spouting lies, I'll just let you know I have his half of the story."

"I wasn't going to lie to you Meg, I'd never."  I replied.

"Mhm, I believe that." Meg said sarcastically.

"I was going to say I'll tell you, but not here." I heard some girls sigh as I said that, knowing they were trying to get another secret about my soulmate. Meg looked around too to see wandering eyes quickly flicking away as they got caught.

"Let's go find somewhere private, I want to know what happened." She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room. We walked down the hallways until we reached the closet where all of the past music is. We've found that not only do people not often come into this room, only to file away another opera once were done preforming it, but also that the vast amount of music absorbs a great amount of sound. 

"Okay so spill the details. Start from when I left your dressing room."

"When does rehearsal start?"

"Christine stop worrying and avoiding the question. You're the prima Dona, you make them wait."

"But you're not."

"Don't worry about me, I want to know what happened." She pushed.

So I explained. She listened, only commenting here and there, but mostly trying to absorb everything. I started with the letter from Raoul, who I explained was the man sitting outside my door. I told her about how we were old friends, but haven't talked to each other since I moved away.

"Is he your Soulmate?" Meg butted in.

"Focus Meg."

"So is that a yes?" She shut up when I gave her the side eye.

I continued on, playing with the dress I put on this morning from the trunk. It was a lime green silk with white trimming around certain parts. I was surprised to find this morning that the dress fit my figure perfectly. I told her how he complimented the majesty of the performance to which she said: "I was there Christine, skip over this part." I was quite offended, I'd listen to this story over and over. 

Raoul's letter, my Angel, a real man. I didn't tell her his name, though it almost slipped at some points. I told her about how I slept there, she didn't believe me that I was innocent which says more about her than it does about me. Then, I told her about my soulmate.

"You did find your soulmate!? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"It was just this morning," It does seem like a life time ago, yet it was only earlier this morning.

"I should have been the first to know." She whined.

"Meg you are the first to know."

"No, I wanted to figure it out before you found out."

"Meg, I told you this because I trust you, which means I trust that you won't tell anyone, not even your mother. I'm not sure how she'd feel about it." I said seriously.

"That's not fair, you know nobody gets a secret by that woman when she wants to know what it is."

"I know, but I thinks she knows him. When we were talking, he mentioned her. It could have just been because he see's everything that happens in this Opera house, but I don't want to take any chances."