Not Papi

Friday, June 13,1995

Sadly it was time to leave the Long Island Beach house. We all packed our bags and put them inside the car.

Now we are waiting for Papi to hurry up. He was saying his long add goodbye to this chick he been messing around with. It looks like he is done. He walked back over towards the car with a grin on his face.

"She couldn't get enough of Papi." He jokes. "Just get in the damn car." I said. We all hopped inside, sitting in the same spot. Lucky cranked up the car and pulled off.

The drive back to Brooklyn feels longer than before. Maybe because we were all sad to be coming back or something. I told Lucky not to drop us off just yet. Instead we went to the movies and watched Friday.

"That movie was so fucking funny." Papi said stumbling out the theater laughing.

"Boy you got knock the fuck out!" Hallie and Papi repeated. At first I didn't think Lucky would want to watch it but he was laughing the loudest out of all of us.

"That movies will be a classic in the future." I said. "Ditto." Lucky agreed. "What's next?" Papi asked us as we are walking towards the car. "Ohh, lets go to the arcade." Hallie suggested. We all agreed in hopped in the car.

§§§§§§§§§§

§§§§§§§§§§

Lucky parked his car right in front of the arcade. BeNe Arcade is located inside the Brooklyn Mall and it was huge. Papi and Hallie bolted out the car and ran inside like little kids. Lucky look my hands into his as we walked together.

"Lucky this has been the best. Thank you." I said to him. He raised my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles. "No need to thank me. I would happily do this this forever." He said.

The automated doors opens as we approach the mall entrance. During the summer the mall is the most populated place to be at. We got on the escalator. "So are you and your mom going to England for the rest of the summer." I asked him.

During our stay at the beach house, Lucky said the his mom is things about going back to England for the summer. "I don't know really. She want to visit family but I don't wanna leave you."

We got off the escalator and the arcade was to the right of us. "I don't want you to go but I also can't keep you from seeing your family and seeing your hometown." I said to him as we are walking into the arcade.