Chapter Seventeen

Lying supine on the bed, all I can feel on my skin are the featherlight swirls of sweeping delight from the tips of Mitch's fingertips. "I don't think I've ever made love and felt like that before." His voice has a post-coital hoarseness to it, that only makes him sound even more audibly divine to me.

Intrigued, my head turns to look sideways at him. "Like what?" I softly ask.

Shifting himself comfortably onto his side so our faces are once again so wonderfully close, he drowsily smiles back at me. "Like I really was making love."

Within this lovely moment, within what he has just said, a warmness of wonderment starts spreading throughout me. Vein by vein, muscle by muscle, bone by bone—they're all being captivated by Mitch and his sweetly said honesty.

"I feel the same." I say with obvious contentment adorning every inch of my face.

Gazing back at me, Mitch's smile quietly lingers around the corners of his relaxed mouth. His gaze just stays like that—silent and captivating. I can tell he is gathering together all that he wants to say, before actually saying it. So, I wait. I wait for his words to eventually come, more than happy to just stare back into those beguiling blue spheres of his. "I know you're busy and everything," he thoughtfully begins. "but I'd really like you to come and stay with me in LA once I've finished filming on location in Idaho?"

I want to say yes, I really do, and know that I'm now wincing because I can't actually say it. "You're on location at Snake River for a few weeks, right?"

Resting his head on the back of his hand that's flatly pressed on his pillow, Mitch nods gently. "Right." There's now a curious frown deepening between the bridge of his nose. "Why?"

My expression is still twisted with a grimace, on account of what I now have to explain. "Hetty's due date is in four weeks, I just don't think I can be out of the country anytime soon." How sorry I am is woven within my explanation and so obviously sitting on my face. "I even had to assign a job in Guernsey to someone else the other day, because the client was wanting me to be there for an office relocation that clashes with Hetty's due date, so I—" Mitch chuckles, before quickly hushing me with an unexpected kiss. His lips softly silence me, kissing away all that I was going to say with such warm and wonderful affection. As his lips begin to pull themselves away from mine, he is smiling again at me. "What was that lovely kiss for?" I blissfully have to ask.

Running his hand over my head, Mitch contentedly explains. "It was for just being you." He's now watching how his own hand is caressing the dark strands of my hair, how they endearingly move against the messy, just-had-sex lengths of it. "When you're not being the focused and sharp businesswoman that you incredibly are, you really are the sweetest woman alive." He smiles now, bringing his endearing gaze back down to my eyes. "I understand why you can't come to LA, just say that you'll come once the baby has made its way safely into this crazy world?"

Within the downy softness of my own pillow, one side of my face moves against it on account of my huge grin. "I will happily come." I don't know how I'll fit it in around my business, I just know that I'll find a way. Even focused and sharp businesswomen deserve a break, right?

Now moving the tip of his index finger in a pleasant circular motion on my bare shoulder, Mitch is needing to say more. "I think I've had enough of hiding my feelings for you, Rebecca, I'm ready for everyone to know about us."

"Really?" Comes my stunned response.

Swinging his arm right over my body, Mitch brings me more closer against him. "It's only a matter of time before people find out about us anyway, I'd just rather it be on our terms and no one else's."