Hamilton Girl

Our first instinct was to run and split up, connect again later. Just like in 1783 when we took our last run together. Instead, we stopped, and looked at each other, gasping for air. "Bar?"Thomas asked. "Lover Boy, Don't you have a little speech to say?"I ask. "Oh, yeah,"he laughed. "But that's not what I meant."I looked up at him. "What do you mean then?"I ask. "I wanted to know if you wanted to meet up at the bar tonight. Drinks on me."he said. "Now that's my type of apology."laughing still, we both linked arms as we walked towards my father who had called us.

My father eyed Thomas suspiciously, then back at our arms. Thomas quickly unlinked his arm from mine. I just stood beside him closer, and linked my arm with his again. "Just what game do you think you're playin Hamilton Girl?"he leaned down to whisper. "My mother thinks childhood love is the greatest love."I respond. "He's trying to prove her wrong."we looked back up at my father. "May I just say, I think it's impossible for you to resist my Jefferson charms."he whispered. "My mother says I have her calm and contained side but my father's flirtatious side. You'll never be able to top my Hamilton charms."I reply softly. "Oh really?"Thomas said. "We'll see about that."he said louder, so that my father could hear. "Uh-Huh, we'll see 'bout that Thomas Jefferson."my father hated when I tried to speak like a southerner. It drove him crazy. "Don't go 'round talkin' all loud 'n' crazy all night 'Cause we both know you ain't even gonna last, Y/n Hamilton."Thomas replied, knowing what I was doing. "Oh trust me honey, Imma last! I'm just a lil worried 'bout you though."I say. "I know what you guys are trying to do! So cut it out!"my father declared. "What're we doing?"I ask. "Yeah, what're you goin on 'bout?"Thomas asked, trying to extinguish his never ending smirk. "I know you and Eliza are teaming up. I should've known."my father sighed. "No we aren't."My mother said as she walked up to us, linking arms with my father. "They're so cute together."my mother sighed. We looked at each other, confused, and then smiled. Lets play it off.