Chapter 5

Village Near the Border

"We thank you very much for coming, Prince Allan"

After slipping out of the forest, I and Cecil came to a village near the Country of Spirits.
When I told that I was a prince, the village head, who has a long beard, came to greet me.
Though this world has no records of images of physical features like videos nor photos, the mayor accepted me without asking anything.

"Rumors have come to us"

I was invited to the house of the village head, and given a hot tea. It's a specialty of this village, and is a delicious tea with a slight sweetness in its astringency.
They also put on baked confections and I was talking with the village head while eating it.

"And, why in our village?"
Cecil then answered the village chief's question with details.
I see that she stopped for a while, then glanced at me, thinking that I would not be able to explain it properly.
Good grief, though it's true that I often play with women, I'm not that of a fool you know.
Well, Cecil dared me to think about it, I imagined myself playing with the girls in this village.
She really understand me myself.

"Hmm, that's a splendid mission."
"Yes, Allan-sama could possibly change the fate of Algarde. "
"Cecil, you're exaggerating it too much. ... Mr. Village Chief, we are tired from a long trip. Can you lend us an accommodation?"
"Of course"
"Thank you very much... And although if it does not bother you, can we talk about the Country of Spirits?"

I will try to get some of that precious information in the meantime.

"It's shameful of us to say this, but even though we live at both of the countries' borders, we haven't able to confirm their existence that easily."

"Seriously...?"

Though I have heard that they are mysterious creatures, I have never seen one yet, but to think of it....

"Then how can I enter their country?"
"Permission is needed."
"How can I get that permission?"
"By sending a petition to the Country of Spirits"
"Petition......"

This one's guard is hard.
Well , I have to get in close contact with the country anyway.

"Mr. Mayor, have you ever applied for this?"
"I have"
"For what business?"
"Basically, it cannot be entered for reasons such as sightseeing or business. Though if it is on a level of discussion of representatives of the country, it may, probably"
"Got it"

I think that the elves and the spirits are more or less friendly, and the line drawing around them is neat.
No, it may be said that they were able to maintain as allies is because of this.

"Fortunately I'm a prince. That's enough, right?"
"Perhaps, However......"
"However......?"
"We must notify them with a message beforehand stating our reason properly or it won't become a thing"
"I see"

I don't know how it works, but should I write first on paper or something?

"Okay, give me some paper. I'm going to write it"
"Certainly."

The chief went to the back of the room.

"Allan-sama"
"What happened, Cecil?"
"It seems like it's even difficult to enter an allied country, contrary to my expectations"
"I don't know much but, I guess not being able to cross the border easily is normal? Like the Human and Demon Countries"