11: TXT: Sookai

Kai holds his hands up as a gun is pointed towards him. The unidentifiable thief had his face covered up with a mask and a hat that was pulled down far enough where you could barely see his eyes.

"T-take whatever you w-want," Kai says, his asthma starting to act up.

The thief shoots above Kai's head, scaring the poor boy and making him drop to his knees in fear. Taking the chance to leave, the black clothed man runs out of the house.

Kai stands up dizzily, stumbling over to the house phone since his phone got dropped somewhere unknown.

"9-1-1, how may I assist you?" The lady over the phone questions.

"He... I..." Kai wheezes into the phone, not being able to breathe properly.

He drops the phone, rushing to find his inhaler. Looking in the miscellaneous drawer in the kitchen, he finds what he's looking for. Unfortunately, when he tries spraying it, nothing comes out.

Throwing it to the side, he tries walking to his room but instead, collapses to the floor. His eyes are open as his lips turn purple. All you can hear are slow, high-pitched wheezes.

-

Soobin walks along the sidewalk, his dog, Sean, pulling the leash ahead. His hand is in his pocket as he walks at a calm pace.

Abruptly, his peace is cut short when a police car and an ambulance speed through the street, heading straight towards his and his lover's home.

His heart jumps to his throat as worry spills into his head. He starts at a quick jog which turns into a run. The dog follows by his side, not having a problem with the sudden change.

Once Soobin reaches the house, he sees paramedics rushing to the back side of the house. He tries going in but is held back by an officer.

"Sir, are you a friend of his?"

Soobin nods, "y-yeah, he's my boyfriend. What happened? Is he okay?"

"It seems that he had an asthma attack. He was barely breathing when we showed up, but the paramedics are taking care of him. Don't worry," the officer informs

"Excuse me, but, do you happen to know who called you guys over here? He would have a reason, right? Otherwise, how would you guys have showed up without anyone calling," Soobin points out, his grip on the dog leash tightening as he trembles in fear.

"He called us, yes, but he didn't say anything. You could hear him wheezing over the phone. Here, they're taking him now. You can ride with me to the hospital."

-

The light haired brunette rubs Kai's hand with his thumb, breathing in calmly.

Kai's eyes flutter open, the tubes moving a bit when he turns his head. His eyelids are only halfway open, showing that he was tired.

"Hey baby, you're in the hospital right now. Don't worry, everything's okay. Just get some rest," Soobin leans over and kisses the younger's forehead.

-

"What caused you to have an attack?" Soobin questions the following day when Kai was feeling rested and less stressed.

"Th-there was someone in the house. I don't know who, but it was a thief. He had a g-gun. Pointed it right at me."

"That's why there was a bullet hole in the wall? Did he shoot at you or something?" The older wonders, angry at the fact that he could've protected his lover if he was home.

"N-no, more like a warning shot," Kai answers, leaning into Soobin's hand that was placed on his cheek.

"Fucking Christ..." the taller male pulls his lover close, kissing his head sweetly. "I'm so glad you're okay. I'll tell the officers what happened. You're not leaving my side, okay? I love you so much."

"I love you too. Now, get me food. I'm starving."

•How was this?•