A Wash

Later that same day near evening...

After a long day of socializing and playing, the party came to an end. Captain Lennox loaded up Ironhide and the caravan proceeded back home. As they drove, Bumblebee suddenly broke formation and sidled up next to each member of the team for a brief moment until he came to Ironhide.

"Wanna race?"the yellow car called over his communicator.

Ironhide snorted, "No."

The Camaro sped up a bit and fell back encouragingly, "Aww, come on Ironhide. Optimus and Ratchet are in."

"Then race them. I'm not interested." the black Topkick replied.

A little dejected, Bumblebee fell back, slowing down so he and the other two could be even for the race.

Captain Lennox tapped his steering wheel, "What was that all about Ironhide?"

"Bumblebee wants to race."

"Alright!" the man seemed excited by the prospect.

Ironhide made his dashboard lights flicker, "I declined."

"What? Why?" Sara seemed confused.

"What does it matter? I just don't want to race." Ironhide grumbled, not understanding why the humans were asking such things.

The blonde woman patted his dashboard, "Oh come on you spoiled sport. We don't care if you lose."

Ironhide made a grinding sound, "And WHO says I'd lose?"

Knowing she was goading him on, Sara shrugged, giving her husband a wink, "No one's saying you'd lose. But then again we'll never know unless you do race."

"OH no. You're not going to pull any of that human reverse psychology slag on me." the Topkick insisted in a low voice.

Then, from behind the roaring of three high performance engines blasted the air as Optimus, Ratchet, and Bumblebee started their race. Ironhide kept his leisurely pace down the center of the wide dirt road, unconcerned. Bumblebee passed on his right and Optimus on his left and surprisingly Ratchet pulled out in front. Suddenly, both the semiand the Camaro crowded the Topkick on either side, boxing him in.

"Back off you guys." Ironhide growled warningly over his communicator.

Out in front, Mikaela poked her head out of Ratchet's window, looking back at Ironhide.

"I didn't know she was riding with Ratchet." Sara commented.

Her dark hair blowing in the wind the young woman held her arm out the window and in her hand she held a bright blue orb.

"What the..." Ironhide began.

Suddenly, Mikaela released the blue orb and it struck Ironhide's windshield. An explosion of water and broken rubber splattered over the startled Topkick, who couldn't dodge it.

"GAAH!" he roared.

With a spray of road dirt, Optimus and Bumblebee sped away from him laughing. The windshield wipers swiped the film of mud from the glass. Will, Sara, and Annabelle could feel the cab temperature rise just slightly and the leather seats seemed to vibrate with Ironhide's deep growl. Each seatbelt suddenly tightened and with a surge of power Ironhide flattened his gas pedal to the floor. Will grinned hugely, bracing his hands against the door and seat while Sara and Annabelle squealed at the sudden burst of speed. The race was on!