Going for Help

Several miles away...

The signal was faint, but close. Bumblebee roared across the valley taking full advantage of his high-performance Camaro engine. His speed was key to his role as a scout, being able to outrun the other Autobots and get the first glimpse of what dangers or advantages lay ahead.

"Are we getting close, Bee?" Will asked with agitation.

The tenor voice of the yellow mech replied, "I'm just picking up a trace of Ironhide's signal. But yeah, it's close."

"Is that a bad thing? I mean, shouldn't the signal be strong or something?"

"I can't say. His signal might be weak because he's hurt or..." the scout's voice faded.

All at once, Will noticed a shiny glint straight ahead, "What's that?"

Bumblebee felt panic spark his wires. It was Ironhide, it had to be. The signal was emanating from the glint.

"Bumblebee to Optimus."

"Go ahead Bumblebee. Did you find Ironhide?"

The Camaro's voice twinged with dread, "I...I think so. Visual confirmation in five seconds."

Will was tense too. Whatever was making the glint was obviously metal and large. The soldier held his breath until Bumblebee stopped. Quickly, Will jumped out and his eyes widened. There on the ground were Ironhide's monstrous cannons.

"What the Hell? Aren't these Ironhide's cannons?" Will asked, unable to believe he was staring at them alone.

Bumblebee transformed and observed the fallen weapons, carefully hefting one up, "Definitely."

"What have you found Bumblebee?" Optimus asked over his channel.

"Well, we found both of Ironhide's cannons, but not Ironhide." the scout explained."They must've been giving off the weak signal I've been following."

Ratchet's voice broke in, "His cannons are OFF? Do you see signs of a struggle? Blown up debris? Fallen trees? Huge impact holes?"

Bumblebee's wide acute optics surveyed the area, "No, nothing. It's as if he just...left them."

"Ironhide wouldn't just LEAVE his cannons, especially not when facing Decepticons!" Ratchet barked.

"Well they're lying right here." Bumblebee insisted.

Ratchet cursed in Cybertronian. "Optimus! We've got to get to him before he does something REALLY extreme."

Optimus grunted in agreement, "Are you picking up his signal beyond the cannons?"

The yellow mech stood very still, scanning hard. A faint blip suddenly appeared. "Yeah." he quickly sent the precise coordinates to Optimus and Ratchet.

"All right. Proceed toward Ironhide's signal. Keep your scanners on high alert for Decepticons." Optimus ordered, "Bumblebee, make sure to scan for human life as well. If you pick up the Lennox females' signals, I want you to go to them first."

The yellow mech nodded to himself and transformed, "But what about Ironhide?"

"Ironhide would want Sara and Annabelle safe first. Ratchet and I will follow his signal. You and Will find the girls. If you find them get them to safety immediately." the Autobot leader replied, the slightest bit of concern hiding in his deep voice. He knew the risks to the humans were great, not to mention to his old friend.