Chapter 17

*Third Pov*

After Yato left for the roof, everyone remained in their places. The only noise present was that of Alex's and Yukine's laughter. Eventually, after what felt like hours, Steven cleared his throat and everyone turned their attention to him.

"I think we all need a distraction. We have much work that needs to be done, let's square that off before any trouble arises from outside." His left hand outstretched for Chain.

Everyone disbursed, Chain and Steven heading over to the play area. As they neared, they spotted the two talking and asking questions. Steven was the one to interrupt the conversation and the two turned to look at him.

"Yukine, is it alright if we borrow Alex from your conversation?"

"Yeah. I'll go hang out with Leo. See ya later, Alex." With that said, Yukine gets up and walks off to take a seat next to Leo.

Steven picks up Alex, in the younglings hands a stuffed brown bear. Steven then turns to Chain, aware that the woman was still troubled after what they heard.

"Chain?"

She pulls out of her thoughts and faces the two before her. A smile on her face as she sees Alex.

"Yes?"

"If you're still thinking of a way to make sure Yato isn't seen, stop by Patrick's shop. He's been working on something that might be helpful to Yato." Chain's interest peaked, Steven continued. "The device is supposed to send an electronic wave through the skin and into the body's nervous system. The wave will act as a message being sent to the brain, tricking the brain into thinking that the user is moving their body. The brain will then move the body at rapid speeds and the user will continue to maintain their control. At the speed in which the body is moving, it'll be difficult for anyone to spot him."

"It sounds like a speed monkey."

"Yes, it does. I think that's what Patrick is aiming for, though Leo should still be able to see the user of the device."

"Any idea on how the device will look?"

"From what Patrick said, it'll more than likely look like a normal watch. I am aware that the device has a limit to being used and that it has a timer that can be set before it shuts down to cool down to prevent it from overheating. Of course, he also thought it would be necessary for the device to be charged by solar or electrical power."

"I'll keep that mind. I'll start on my tasks. Alex?" The young boy turns to look at his mother. "Don't cause trouble while I'm away, okay?"

"Okay." Chain smiles as she walks towards the window and leaps out of it to begin her daily work.

Steven turns to Alex. "Any idea on what you're going to do today?"

"Yup." Unaware that Yato was looking at them both from the second floor.

Steven looked at the clock and back at Alex. "It's time for your nap, you also have another one this afternoon. Let's go get you settled, we don't want to worry your mother."

The two left the main room and into the hallway to find the dorm they let Alex nap in, once they were gone, Yato jumped down onto the first floor. He was walking towards Klaus when he stopped at Steven's desk, a framed picture caught his attention. On Steven's desk, in a frame, is a picture of Chain, Steven, and Alex; the kid looking younger. It wasn't just the three in the picture that caught his attention, it was the background. The jungle set covered by snow would be ignored by anyone, but Yato knew the place and suddenly a faint memory appears in his mind's eye.