026. "But i'm a toxic person, too."

For once again, IM SO SORRY that this story is over-dramatic but boring at the same time. I'm running out of ideas, but i feel like too much is happening lol.

The following days were easy. Mom and i did talk to each other, just not about some particular things. It was Friday, and Lucas was heading back to France tomorrow. I was sad, but i knew that he was going to visit us more often now that he was living alone.
Or maybe Even and i could travel to France together, some day when we have enough money to do that.

"We should do somehing together before you leave." I suggested.

Even, Lucas and i were sitting in my room together and just being with our phones. It was boring, but seemed like they weren't interested on doing anything else.

"Like what? We've already done a lot this week already." Even complained.

I rolled my eyes, and put my own phone down. "Yeah, been to the mall."

"I'm tired." Lucas mentioned.

"I don't care."

I was so sick of these stupid phones and social media that made our lives ten times more shitty. There was a time when no one was never on them, but that was in middle school. Many people's lifes were ruined.

Even followed my actions, and put his phone away. Now we only had to deal with Lucas.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked from him, trying to get a little peek of what he was doing with his phone.

"Are you, like, my mom or something?"

Sometimes i forget that Lucas and i are the same age, because he sounds like a ten-year-old every now and then.

"So it's Eliott, huh?"

He rolled his eyes so much that i was almost sure they were going to stay like that for the rest of his life.

"Shut up." He said angrily.

Lucas was probably the most sensitive person i knew. It was a bad thing, but also a good one. At the times he was the strongest person ever, and on the others he was such a crybaby. But i didn't mind.
Lucas was still the absolute best.

After arguing for a half an hour about what we should do together, we decided to go to Even's and mine place just to show it to Lucas. We'd be back for the night.
We exited my room, and saw mom sitting in the kitchen, reading some newspaper.

"Where are you going?" She said and turned to look at us.

"Uh, we were going to Even's and mine place."

"No." Mom answered.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and turned to look at Even who was as confused as i was. Mom had never been the one to control my every move and step i took, or neither did she care.

"What do you mean?"

She didn't get to answer, when i heard a loud knock land in our front door. It was unusual that someone visited us, so when i heard knocking i knew it was important.

"Could you please get that, Isak?"

I spun my eyes and walked away from the kitchen, towards our vestibule and door. I took a deep breath, and felt the air fill my lungs before opening the door.

I saw that one person, who i thought i'd never see again. I choked on air, and saw stars spinning in my eyes. I was scared, or more like horrified. I wanted nothing more but to just slam the door right against that person's face, but i couldn't move my hands or any other body parts of mine.