Alola, Alola!

*I honestly don't know why I made this. I seriously don't. This is my first attempt at a Pokémon story, so just tell me what you thought. I'm really nervous about this, so any criticism is acceptable.*

*Alola Region, Melemele beach*

It was a beautiful day in the Alola region. The nice hot weather was perfect for a beach day, where everyone was relaxing and playing, just a very heartwarming sight in general. Kids playing tag and building sandcastles with both friends and family alike, not to mention the Pokémon having an amazing time themselves.

Well, excluding a certain Litten napping on the sand, but we'll cross that bridge eventually.

Ashley: Wooo hooooo!

Oh, right. The plot.

Ahem! We currently find a young woman and her Pikachu riding a Sharpedo across the waves, which had recently become quite the popular attraction, second only to Mantine Surfing.

The girl had long raven colored hair and black eyes, and her Pikachu had a heart shaped tail. She also wore a simple swimsuit for the Sharpedo Ride.

This was Ashley Ketchum from Pallet Town and her partner Pikachu, who were currently on vacation.

She and her mom had decided to take a vacation in Alola after her most recent attempts at a Pokémon League in the Kalos region last month. While she would have personally preferred heading to Galar, she overall gave in to the idea of a vacation.

After a few good minutes of surfing and diving, she eventually returned to shore, giving Sharpedo a nice pat as thank you. Needless to say, Sharpedo was very happy to be praised. She couldn't help but giggle at the sight of such a fierce Pokémon looking so happy.

Ashley: This is really looking up to be a fun vacation, huh Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pika!

Ashley: You said it, buddy!

Delia: Ashley, sweetie!

The Champion of the Orange League turned to see her mother tanning with Mr. Mime. It was quite sight to behold.

Delia: Come spend some time tanning with mommy!

Ashley: Oh, alright.

*15 minutes later*

The experience was rather simple and didn't need much describing. Aside from the occasional sigh of relief, there was no real attempt at conversation.

Delia: Hey, honey?

Ashley: Yeah, mom?

Delia: Have you ever thought of getting in a relationship?

The question, while seemingly random, wasn't unexpected. She had been asked before, either by her mom or one of her travelling companions. Still, while the thought had crossed her mind several times in the past, her quest to become a Pokémon Master was always her top priority. Still, she wasn't 10 anymore. She was 16, and so maybe it was time she started seeking someone.

That, and Pikachu, while technically single, had already mingled. Last she heard, Pikachu had gotten quite busy with Infernape and Buizel while the Ketchum family was packing. Although it was kinda cute how Pikachu thought she could keep that a secret, especially from Ashley of all people. While Oak was old, he was most certainly not deaf, and Pikachu never had a great track record of keeping her voice down.