Burning

'Do you think you can walk?' She asks, 'Or do I have to drag you?' She jokes.

'I can try.' I suggest. She nods. She helps me up and I walk a little. It's painful, but it works. She has her arm around my waist and my arm is around her shoulder, for support. She's very tiny and it doesn't give me much support, but her being so close to me, let me forget my pain too.

When we're finally at the stream, she puts me on the edge.

'Do you want to go in first?' She asks me.

'No.' I tell her. She can tell me if it's too cold.

'Okay, then I'll go first. But then I can't help you getting in.' She reminds me. Well, I really hate cold water, so if I have to unbutton my own jeans, instead of jumping into ice cold water, I'll choose the first option.

She pulls off her dungarees and then her blouse, and I'm probably staring but I don't care. She's in her bra and panties now, and it seems like she isn't even uncomfortable. Her body is amazing and I have to stop staring. Now. She goes into the water and then turns around to face me.

'Is it cold?' I ask.

'A little.' She admits, 'But not as ice.' She adds.

'Should I come in?' I ask.

'Of course! Plus, I think it's very good for your wound.' She says.

'Okay then.' I sigh. I unbutton my jeans and slowly get into the water. Perrie comes over to me to help me, but I'm already in it. From the corner of my eye I catch her staring at me and I look at her. Our eyes meet and then she pulls out her hand for me to take it. I accept it, and let her lead me further into the stream.

Perrie's POV.

I look at Zayn's half naked body, and then at mine. I never felt uncomfortable being this bare, not even now. But it is weird to be this close to him. I like the thought of him trusting me enough to let me mislead the policeman, to let me take care of him. But I also like the feeling of being close to him. Even though I'm not sure what the feeling is, exactly.

I dive under water and a couple of second I am above again. Zayn looks at me with a raised eyebrow. 

'I'm washing myself, I guess you should do the same.' I tell him.

'Perrie, I can't move that easily, remember? I still have this handicap.' He chuckles.

'Don't be such a baby, it's not a handicap. You're just wounded.' I say.

'Just?' He asks.

'Oh, okay then. I'll wash you.' I give in. I swim over to the side and grab the blanket. I hold it under water and go back to where Zayn is standing.

'Turn around, I'll start with your back.' I tell him. He does what I say and I start running the blanket against his skin. I can't believe I'm doing this. I mean, we're not supposed to like each other, and here I am, washing him like he's a baby. And he's letting me.

'Okay, turn around again.' I demand.

'Yes, ma'am.' He jokes and faces me again.

The water comes until his lower back, but by me, it comes till half my bra. He's really taller than me, the top of my head comes to his chin.

'Okay, you have to tell me if I have to stop, because I don't know if it might hurt you. It probably will.' I tell him. He nods.  I rub a piece of the blanket against his stomach, the part the knife didn't reach. I hear his calm breathing in my ear and shivers go down my spine.