The Promise (Bj's POV)

"Then why would you wanna try and do this again?"

I'm really worried about her. I honestly wanted to know why she'd ever wanna do that again, she seemed so happy when I.. well.. left her. I also wanna know why she'd ever want me back after what I did, I get we're best friends, but I feel like she's not telling me something...

I'm in love with her. But she deserves to be happy...

"Beetlejuice?" She asked me.

I came out of thought like I guess she just had, "Yeah?"

"Can you promise me something?" She asked again.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked.

"Promise me that you won't read that suicide note until my act on the talent show, and that you'll come to my talent show. It's two days from now." She said.

"Okay.." I started, I noticed she seemed to be dancing around the issue, "but won't people see me? And you kinda avoided the question..."

"No I didn't, you'll find what you need to know in the song I'll sing when you read that note. I have the perfect spot for you. Promise me you'll be there?" She questioned.

"Yeah. I will." I said. "It's, uh, late. And you should get to bed."

"Yeah..." She scoots closer to me, and as she had done so many nights last year, she pulled the blanket she had over both of us, and looked up at me. She looks so much more beautiful than all of the things I'd seen in my 21 years of life and hundreds of death thousands of times more.

She's the most amazing human I've ever met...

I've really fallen for her.

I look back down at her and say, "Night Lydia."

She replies, "Night Beetlejuice." And she finally falls asleep. I gently kiss her forehead.

"I love you, Lydia.." and I fall asleep right along with her.