Prologue Part 2: Childhood (2/3)

I woke up hearing soft winds. Well, rather I quickly got out of bed and went over to the window. I saw...snow! IT'S SNOWING! I quickly rushed to get dressed, and I was in my normal outfit in no time! I stared out the window, awing at the sight of the snow falling.

"ALEX, IT'S SNOWING!!!" I heard my younger adoptive sibling Lafayette scream.

"Laf, calm yourself! Come on!" I responded.

How can I say no to taking off my gloves? I thought as I took off my gloves.

We quickly went outside, feeling so excited. We ran over to near our favorite lake, and we began to play in the snow. We built a snowman, we made 9 snow angels. It was fun. We soon decided to ice skate. Without our skates. Because Laf and I are really good dancers, we did really well on the ice. We twirled on the ice, and we basically did some beautiful dance moves on the frozen pond. Without our ice skates. Laf looked so excited. I smiled at them. Soon, I slipped, and you'll have to take a guess as to what happened as I slipped.

"LAF, WATCH OUT!" I screamed as a beam of ice came from my hand as I slipped.

Laf was at the edge of the frozen pond, but I soon saw the beam of ice strike Laf. He screamed as he slipped backwards onto the snow behind him.

"LAFAYETTE!!!" I screamed before he passed out.

I ran over to him, holding onto him.

"No!" I screamed as I saw a white streak appear on his hair.

"MOM! DAD! COME QUICK!!" I screamed as loud as I can.

Luckily, our house was 20 feet away from the lake, so I'm sure our parents heard us. And they did. They came running over to us, frightened. Mr. Washington, my adoptive father, got upset as soon as he saw me with a passed out Laf in my arms.

"Alexander, what have you done?! This is getting out of hand!" he screamed.

"It was an accident!" I replied.

I hugged the unconcsious Laf tighter.

"I'm so sorry, Laf!" I apologized.

"We've got to go to the ER!" Martha, my adoptive mother, told us.

"Come on!" Mr. Washington told us.

We quickly rushed to the ER by horse (because the roads are slippery!). Meanwhile, a young boy with a beanie on followed us on a foal. He looked tough for a young boy. He looked around my age. He quickly went next to our horse. He had brown eyes, and he has chocolate brown skin, no offense to those kind of people.

"STOP THE HORSES FOR A MINUTE!" He yelled.

We stopped our horses. The young boy quickly put a wet warm washcloth on Laf's forehead. The strange boy also wrapped a thick woolen blanket around Laf.

"We're going to the ER together! I know where the nearby hospital is!" the boy told us.

The horses began galloping again, our horse following the boy's horse. We soon reached the nearby hospital. We thanked the boy a lot. We (including the boy) quickly ran in the hospital. We got escorted to the ER immediately. 

Soon, the doctors told us good news.

"Your lucky it wasn't their heart. The heart isn't so easily condemned. But the head can easily be persuaded" the doctor told us.

We felt happy. Soon, they put an oxygen mask on Laf, attaching the mask to an oxygen tank.

"Son, listen to me: You have to stay hidden from everyone! Including your brother! You must learn to control your powers!" Mr. Washington told me.

Meanwhile, the boy went over and hugged Laf tightly. He must be glad Laf wasn't struck in the heart. After he was finished hugging Laf, I hugged him. The boy felt surprisingly warm. Probably because of the wool clothes he wore. But we hugged for a long time. Soon, I got picked up by Washington.

"Come, son" he told me.

I waved goodbye to the boy, and he waved back. I fell asleep, tired after a rough morning. As soon as I woke up, I quickly ran to my room, closing the door and locking it. I put on my gloves. I took a small breath. I just hope things go right for me...

(the famous line breaker)

Laf got saved! But who you think saved them: The doctors, or the strange boy? I do not own Hamilton!