Prologue

"Is Lady (Y/n) eating in the garden again?" The maid spoke to the ear of her friend.

"Always. Unlike the others who are working so hard, she's just relaxing."

You thought to yourself alone in the gazebo. Their insults was one thing but the fact that you could hear them was another.

"Why must they say it so loud...?" grabbing a single strawberry, you crunched it down your throat. Anyone would feel a little offended when a person spreads false rumours without thoroughly doing their research. It's not because you didn't want to help but your siblings suggested you to stay put and let them handle the rest.

After all, what can a sheltered young lady do for this country surrounded by fear and danger? Was it the goddess' will who decided that the youngest child shall not inherit soul weaver abilities?

"There is no point in thinking about it."

One of humanity's greatest trials is the life that has no purpose. Some were lucky to find their's early age while others are still in the process.

Looking out to the afternoon sky you thought about your siblings. The clouds, so pure and gentle reminded you of Siluca. She was the second eldest known to have saved many lives that were on the brink of death.

Then there was the sky always watching over the clouds. Nickleo loved the beauty of nature but had a hard time expressing his feelings. Thanks to him, the flowers of your garden bloomed beautifully under his care.

Together they stood with the sun's warm rays making you think of Fleurshana. She was the head of this household and carried many responsibilities - such as being Ezera's chancellor.

"Maybe that's why she feels so far..." Closing your eyes, you embraced their invisible presence. Despite Queen Diene's ascension to the throne, the country was not at ease. Chaos gates appearing during the Covenant's absence just made the (L/n) family a perfect solution to everything.

They've always protected you so you wouldn't have to shoulder the burden. But you were so tired of watching everyone struggle before you and thus the answer became clear. This lifestyle cannot go on forever and it shall change one day.

And so, it did.

"Lady (Y/n)! Please RUN!" Those were his last words before sacrificing himself to protect you.

So many of your personal guards have died which is why you refused to back out. An attack was launched at the west side of the capital and the Queen's troops were already on their way to provide assistance. But instead of being complacent, you dove straight into the eye of the battle, hoping for any remaining signs of life.

"Someone...save us," A meek voice cried.

Beyond the flames huddled two children, a boy and a girl. They had no way to escape and it won't be long until they are found by the surrounding monsters.

"Wait for me," without batting an eye, you snatched a sword from a dead body and chanted a spell to clear the flaming path.

Since nobles were wealthy enough to own their personal armies, it gave you countless opportunities to watch and observe their movements to the point of mimicking some of them. However, a normal girl would collapse by now if they had no special training.

"Watch out!!!!"

Just as you were about to be slashed from behind, a shadow-like figure appeared before you. He swung his blade so effortlessly that you couldn't help but stare in awe as he took out the sea of dust walkers one after another. His long black hair swayed by the effects of the wind as he turned around to look at you.

"This isn't a place for amateurs. Leave."

The man was undoubtedly General Vildred of Ezera. His sharp gaze pierced through yours to notify the level of threat of the given situation.

"Not until I know everyone is safe! I must witness it myself," You demanded. Lifting up your sword, you summoned a gigantic wave to put out the fire on the streets. It was the least you could do before letting fatigue take over, "I don't want to be useless anymore."

Eventually, the tragic day came to an end. Your reckless actions earned a stern lecture from Nickleo but it was worth to see the smile of a mother who have found their children. No one knew who you truly were until this fateful day.

"Have you ever thought of becoming a knight?" Vildred walked over to where you sat as the soul weavers took over what's left of the situation.

A man accompanying him hastily interrupted his request, "Sir Vildred, you do realize that this is the noble (Y/n) (L/n) you're talking to."

The comment did not faze him in the least and he continued to speak his casual tone, "So what? There's nothing wrong with asking. Besides, status shouldn't matter as long as you have potential."

Everything felt as if you had just stepped to the outside world for the first time. A chance that no one gave you was presented at the moment and you could not let it slip away. Standing affirm, you eyed him with determination, "When can we start?"

There were no more questions and no more doubts. Although Nickleo and Siluca were against the idea they eventually gave in to your persistency. And that was how everything began, the day when the sheltered young lady became the first warrior of her generation