Chapter 1: Bellona

"Too slow!" Bellona leaps into the air as she whips her fan with full force.

She gave me no choice but to face it head on. My arms swung relentlessly while trying to keep up with her attacks. Despite having quick reflexes, I was slowly losing my balance.

"Now behold, my greatest magic!" She twirls her wrist, releasing a large orb of wind mana.

Using her ultimate already?

"I won't let you," I held a card out between my fingers and chanted, "Moonlight Dreamblade."

Everything felt light while moving, almost as if I was dancing on zero gravity. My flexibility increased allowing the attack to only graze me a bit. Thanks to that, I was able to evade the damage and seize Bellona from behind.

"That was amazing (Y/n)!" Siluca cheers from the distance, "Did you see that, Nickleo?"

Her twin brother replied with a slight smile on his lips, "Yes, it was."

I draw back as the battle was over and let out a huge sigh, "That was way too close for comfort." Truthfully, it was my first time attempting that move, one mistake could cause a serious injury, "You really are merciless."

"That was thrilling!" Bellona gleefully exclaimed, "You've grown a lot compared to the last few times we fought."

I laughed, "But you're still in the lead."

This lady was my childhood friend, Bellona Moune. We were born from the same status and somewhere along the way, we ended up spending a lot of time together. She has been helping me with training over the past couple of months and we both have taken a huge interest in becoming stronger.

"I won't lose next time," She declared. Hearing the resolve in her voice, I took it to heart.

"We have food!" Siluca calls over to us.

"Let's go Bellona!" I grabbed her hand without consent and rushed to the picnic table.

"You are such a child," she commented. My enthusiasm over sweets was obvious. How can I help it? The key to a girl's heart was undeniably the power of dessert and chocolate.

"You can only have one plate," Nickleo interrupted my tracks, "Remember not to over eat."

"R-Right." Sighing, I regretfully complied.

"Are you on a diet?" Bellona questioned.

Siluca hugs me from the back and snakes her arms around my waist, "(Y/n) is part of the Ezeran knights, we are in charge of keeping her in shape," then she proceeds to poke my cheek repeatedly, "Since she gains weight pretty fast."

Taking up her fan, Bellona peeked at me curiously, "Oh? I never knew that."

I pushed Siluca away as her actions were becoming more obnoxious. She shrugged and shoved me aside, causing me to trip, "Hey!"

For the rest of the afternoon I spent the time enduring the pain of hunger and jealousy.

~Time Skip~

"Now we're alone, I have something to discuss with you."

Dusk had fallen. The sun was setting and tainted the horizon with a crimson hue. I was about to head in with my siblings now that my eldest sister had returned but Bellona called me last minute. It was peaceful with the two of us, proving how loud Siluca can be.

"Why didn't you tell me that you wanted to join the Order of the Sword?"

Her eyes were resolute and they stared right into mine. In contrast to her easy-going demeanor from before, it caught me off guard, "I didn't think I needed to."

"I'm worried," She lamented, "A job like that can force you to do things you don't like."

"You mean the killing part? Don't worry, I plan to not take any lives along the way," I confirmed. It was my very last resort and hopefully there will never be a day where I need to kill someone. Because I am a part of a soul weaver family, I must vow to never do it.

Bellona sighed with a frustrated look, "That's naive of you, are you sure you thought this out carefully?"

"Of course! Also why are you lecturing me? Nickleo already did that a long time ago," I added, "Besides what choice do I have? If I can't soul weave I need to do something else."

Since birth, I was not gifted with the power of healing.My brothers and sisters were able to carry out their duties with grace while I struggled to keep up. My performance was so poor that nicknames such as "death's touch" would perfectly describe it.

But I really wanted to help my family, watching them do the goddess' work and expecting nothing in return is something to be proud of. Especially the fact that the Heir of the Covenant has not awakened yet so this is the perfect time to get on my feet and start doing some work.

"Fine," She huffed, "Just be careful to not mindlessly throw your life away."

I glared at her playfully, "Funny how it's coming from someone who nearly killed me a few hours ago."

"Oh looks like I've been caught," She joked light-heartedly causing me to question how we could speak of such topics so casually. But it never bothered me at all.

"Oh darling. My dear little sister~"

The sound of a familiar voice caused me heart to skip a beat. We turned to see Fleurshana posing theatrically with a rose in her mouth. At the sight of that, Bellona shrieked and quickly ran for the exit. I tried to save her but my sister was too fast and waltz into her way like it was nothing.

"And how are you my dear?" Sliding a finger under her chin, she cooed.

"Stop it you creep!" She cried. It was so strange to see her lose her composure, I couldn't help but find it hilarious and scary at the same time.

"BELLOONNAAA!" Taking notice of her discomfort, I launched myself between, "Jeez you're being embarrassing Fleurshana!"

"Hmm? What's so embarrassing about caring for such a beautiful lady?" She winked and peeks over my shoulder. A low whimper erupts from Bellona's mouth, "Are you that scared?"

"Me? Scared? I can simply cut her to pieces if I wanted to!" Bellona threatened as her legs were shaking.

Fleurshana's heart-shaped eyes gleamed at the sight, "Oh Bellona, you're just so cute!!!!"

"Step aside, (Y/n). I don't want you to see anything filthy," With a devious grin, she whips out her fan, causing the entire place to flutter under the wind's pressure. But it did not scare Fleurshana at all, in fact, she was even MORE turned on.

"Wait, this isn't a time to be confused," At this rate, the whole garden will be ruined! And Nickleo will blame me for it! Why? Because I am easy to lecture, thats why!

As if the goddess had taken pity upon my situation, the carriage man calls out to us, "Ms. Moune, we have arrived to pick you up."

All of us froze in a sandwich position which raised a questionable look on his face. Bellona clears her throat and resumed like nothing happened, "Hmph, (Y/n) please make sure to not invite your sister next time."

"But I didn't even invite her...." I tried telling but she left without turning back. At least nothing got destroyed. Now that's taken care of it's time to give Fleurshana a piece of my mind, "You hear that? Don't just go jumping on people like they are your property!"

"But (Y/n)~," Clutching my waist she murmured sweetly, "I didn't mean to~"

"Yes you did, why else would you have come here!" I scolded, "And stop leaning on me."

Within a pause, Fleurshana props herself upright. Bringing a hand to brush her bangs, she laughs to herself, "Well the thing is I did have something important to say but I guess I got distracted."

Tilting my head, I eyed her carefully, "Really? What would that be?"

"It's better that we talk about this with no one hearing us," She took my hand and led me to the mansion. Seems like my annoyance got through her now that her actions were more considerate, "Let's go inside, it's getting dark."