Late Night Bar-Talks

Although the darkness and moonlight filtering in through the windows into the semi-dark bar betrayed the fact it was around mid day, it was, in fact, around about five pm. The music blared loudly, and drunken fools stumbled around, couples made out in corners, and there would always be a select few sober people who ordered something simple, like maybe water.

Besides the loud music, Sparkling loved his job here, and that was shown by his constant smiles, kind tone, and the fact many people who visited would almost always say he was a delightful bartender. So, yes. His happiness sort of spread to others (while they were sober, at least.)

Currently, he was leaning somewhat on the counter, cleaning a glass that was just a tad too fragile to be put in the dishwasher. He sort of spaced out for a moment, the repetative movemets of the cloth and glass, and the absence of people asking him for drinks, was a perfect mix for him to let his mind wander. He didn't think too much of anything, really, maybe just about how messy the place would be compared to how it usually is, since today seemed to be a bit more crowded than usual.

He was broken out of his trance by someone landing roughly in a seat across from him, spinning around on the stool for a moment before the person placed their hands on the counter to stop themselves.

Sparkling glanced up, pausing in his glass-cleaning activities, and gave the new arrival - a man who'd been here a while back, several times, actually, before disappearing for a few months - a small smile, and he straightened himself up.

"Good evening, is there something you need?" Sparkling asked, moving to set down the glass to the side, taking the cloth ad folding it up before placing it in a small shelf that was behind the counter, which, this one in particular has several cleaning supplies, though most were for other glasses or tables.

The man gave Sparkling a grin, before glancing up to a little sign that was up ad to the side slightly. It had the drinks and their prices, and no matter how many times some people came, they would still need to look, so it was understandable.

While the man was busy doing his thing, Sparkling decided to look over said man (gosh, what was his name? Had he ever said it before?) He noticed little beads of sweat run down the side of the mans face, down past his chin and on his neck, as if he'd just run a marathon on his way here. His hair was a mess, like it hadn't been brusehd in days, and the man's clothes were just a little dirty, as well as the man himself, who had little splotches of dirt on his arms and face. His sleeves, though rolled up past his forearms, were not spared from the dirt, either; the, most likely white, fabric has a slight tint of brown, and Sparkling just had to wonder what the man had been doing to build up all this dirt all over him.

Eventually, the man leaned back a bit, though not too much as to fall backwards, and said, "just a water, thanks," and again Sparkling had to wonder, why would this guy take so long for water?

Well, Sparkling wasnt one to judge, really, so he took a clean cup and filled it with water. They didn't have water bottles, despite water being a common order, so it was a tad difficult to actually hand it out. But, that's besides the point.

Sliding the glass over, the man grabbed it, smiled, and practically downed it, as if he had gone months without a drink. Although with how much he was sweating, it seemed just a tad logical.

The man exhaled through his nose, and leaned forward a bit. "Well, now that I've got that, I'd just like a weaker drink, I 'unno the names," he said, pasing over a twenty dollar bill, which, with what drink he would get, one of the weaker ones here, was about five or four dollars more than needed.

When mentioning this, the man just waved a hand, mumbling "keep the change," and bent down a bit to reach for something in his bag, making a face when he, presumably, could not find what he was looking for.