21 [ narration ]

Sung Ri and Hyunjin walked side by side towards the samgyupsal restaurant. As they entered the building, the scent of grilled meat hit their noses.

Sung Ri gave the money to Hyunjin so he could order. While he did so, she looked for a good table spot and sat down. Hyunjin soon followed and they started to talk about the most random things going on about their lives.

They talked and talked and talked, until the food arrived. Sung Ri took a picture of it before devouring two slices. Hyunjin dove right in after Sung Ri took the picture.

30 minutes passed and they were already full. No traces of meat were left on the plate. Both their lips were covered in oil. Hyunjin finished three bottles of Soju.

"Hey, Sung... Any updates between you and Felix?" Hyunjin slurred, obviously drunk.

"Hmm? Why would you ask that? Nothing much, I keep asking him to send a picture of himself but he doesn't do it." Sung Ri replied lazily. She had eaten so, so much, she felt like her stomach would explode any second now.

"Oh. Okay." Hyunjin tilted his head backwards. And he caught a glimpse of the said boy. He faced Sung Ri again, a small smirk plastered on his beautiful thick lips.

Sung Ri eyed Hyunjin suspiciously. She thought that he looked weird with the said expression. She wondered why he suddenly had that look, then she glanced behind him. And suddenly, she wanted to vomit every single piece of meat she ate. But she held it in, afraid of making a scene.

Sung Ri abruptly stood up, the chair made a loud screech as it was pushed back, earning a couple of looks from the other customers. Unfortunately for Sung Ri, her and Felix's eyes met.

Hyunjin was taken aback by Sung Ri's actions. Then, as if he went completely sober, he looked at Felix, his friend. He realized the gravity of the situation and decided it would be best to leave the building.

Hyunjin grabbed Sung Ri's wrist and walked out the door, almost dragging her with him.

When they were already a few meters away from the restaurant, Sung Ri skidded to a halt. Hyunjin had no choice but to stop as well.

Suddenly, fresh warm tears slid down Sung Ri's cheeks. Sobs of pain and guilt left her throat. All Hyunjin could do was to watch as she cried her heart out at the memory of their deceased childhood friend.

Yongbok.

"Y-you knew..all along. D-didn't you?" She asked between sniffs and sobs.

Sung Ri thought that Felix was Yongbok. She didn't know what Felix looked like, and she didn't know that it was him. She thought that Yongbok was still alive.

"..."

Hyunjin didn't know what to say. Actually, he did. But he didn't know where to start.

"Answer me!" Sung Ri yelled, tears still streaming down her eyes.

When she received no answer, she forcibly took Hyunjin's hand off her wrist and ran away. Hyunjin wanted to come after her, but a throbbing pain suddenly went off his head. He became dizzy, he almost fell, yet he didn't.

Felix caught him before he could've hit the ground.

Felix knew what was going on. He hid his face from Sung Ri and refused to send her a picture of himself. Everything was going smoothly before. Now he wished he had never went to the restaurant at all.