One Long Night in LA - George x Will

"This is shit." George collapsed down onto the double bed. Legs slightly bouncing as the mattress and duvet enveloped him. He let out a dramatic sigh.

"Thank you, captain obvious." Will dumped his bag next to him and sat on the ground next to it, long limbs sprawled on the hotel room floor. He was mainly dressed in black, even though it was summer in California. ('I have a brand to maintain, George. Besides I look good in black.' George had simply scoffed and definitely did not think Will looked good in whatever he wore.) 

"What are you, eleven?" George propped himself up to glare at his friend.

"Inches? Yes." He threw a smirk, then added a wink for good measure. (Neither of these things made George's muscles weak, it was just fatigue, he told himself).

"Shut up Will." George's groan of annoyance almost eclipsed his anger at the entire day's situation. The boys had planned on travelling to Florida for a quick getaway after Vidcon in California. Alex had insisted that it would be a good idea, so George and Will had booked their flights to Orlando, tagging along with Alex's schemes as per usual.

They had enjoyed vidcon, even if George hadn't met any subscribers, he'd hung out with some other youtubers, watched Will get flirted with incessantly by everyone and their mothers. Their hotel had been alright as well, George had had a decent view of the beach, and had found himself lying stretched out in the sun on more than one occasion. One could even say he'd got himself a tan.

And he had been looking forward to the next leg of their journey. A week in Florida with two of his best friends, they'd go to disney world and maybe see some alligators or something, and they could get a nice fucking break from the internet and all its downfalls. 

The only problem was that Alex had decided to take an earlier, cheaper flight without consulting his flatmate and friend. The cheap bastard had then insisted they come to the airport three hours early with him, to split the Uber fare, then left them as soon as he checked his bag in.

George was used to it, fine with waiting, especially waiting with Will. If Alex wanted to be alone on his flight, so be it. It was just mildly annoying. 

So they had settled back, made a sort of camp on a bench near the departures gates, ready for a couple hours of waiting. Then they saw the giant alert on the screen and heard the announcement over the speakers.

ALL FLIGHTS AFTER 8PM CANCELLED DUE TO EARTHQUAKE WARNING

"Bollocks." Will had muttered at the same time George said "Shit."

Turns out, the earthquake warning was not a very serious one, they found that out after a quick google. The airport had just gone all out because of the risks it posed to their satellite equipment, apparently. 

To put a long story short, the next flight the airport could put them on was at 7 AM the next morning, and George and Will had just over 12 hours to kill before returning to the airport.

Especially after negotiating with the airport help desk for nigh on half an hour, neither of them were in the mood for socialising or more activities in LA. Besides, the airport was too far out of the city to go back in at a reasonable taxi rate. Ultimately, the two boys managed to persuade the airport to book them the last available room at the airport hotel, to where they both trekked and ended up in this current situation.

Two men. One double bed.

Recipe for a fight. 

George wouldn't be lying if he said he was afraid of what this night could bring. He watched will carefully as he stood up and poked around the room, going into the bathroom and emerging again with all the little bottles of complementary shower gels overflowing in his hands. As he leant over to stuff them in his suitcase George wondered briefly whether he should go for a walk and not come back until Will was asleep. Then he could take the floor, there'd be no awkwardness or argument and they could get on their flight and leave in the morning.