"Here We Go Again."

One month later, I woke up. Zak was between Andy and I, having had a nightterror the night before. I kissed Zak's head and stretched over to kiss Andy's, then I slid out of my side of the bed. Zak stirred restlessly then he woke up as my feet touched the floor. "Momma?" he asked.

"Sh," I whispered. I picked him up, then I quietly said, "Let's not wake Daddy up."

He nodded and rubbed his eyes sleepily. I kissed his cheek, then I started carrying him downstairs. "How are you, baby?" I asked.

He yawned, which was adorable. "Tired," he said. It sounded more like "tiwerd."

I carried him into the kitchen and set him down on the counter. "So what am I making for breakfast, baby?" I asked.

Zak shook his head. "Not hungry."

I raised a brow and hugged him while he sat on the counter. "Why not?" I asked.

"I dunno'!" he said, his arms flying up in some weird suggestion.

I pursed my lips. "Then what do we do 'til Daddy wakes up?" I asked.

He thought about it. "Guitar!" he said a little loudly.

"Sh," I said quickly. I kissed his hair, then I picked him up and carried him to the back room where my accoustic guitar sat. I sat him down on a chair, then I climbed in my own recliner and positioned the guitar over my lap. "What song, baby?" I asked.

He thought about it again. "Angel," he said.

He was referring to Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. "Are you gonna' sing?" I asked.

"Sing with me," he said.

I nodded and smiled a little at him, then I said, "Fine. But come here."

"Why?" he asked, standing up.

I pulled him up and onto my lap, sliding my arm around him so I could reach the guitar again. He smiled and cuddled into me. I kissed his head again before I started strumming the first few chords.

I looked down at him as we started singing together.

"When I see your smile

Tears roll down my face.

I can't replace.

"And now that I'm strong I have figured out

How this world turns cold

And it breaks my soul

And I know I'll find deep inside me

I can be the one."

I looked down at the tattoo in the inner crook of my elbow, the one with the next four lines of the song.

"I will never let you fall.

I'll stand up with you forever.

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to Heaven.

"It's okay.

It's okay.

It's okay.

"Seasons are changing

And waves are crashing

And stars are falling

All for us.

"Days grow longer

And nights grow shorter.

I can show you I'll be the one."