Chapter 17 - Goblins

I swung the sword Gandalf had given me, cutting off the head of an Orc that was quickly approaching. Turning, I saw more Orcs advancing on me. There were too many and I knew I wasn't going to be able to defeat them all with just my sword. Desperate times called for desperate measures. Throwing my weapon aside, I dropped down onto all fours as I began Shifting. Once the transformation had completed, I growled at the oncoming enemy. I lunged at one, ripping an arm off as the others attacked. One by one, I knocked the Orcs down, killing them. I turned to see if there were any more coming my way, when I felt something sharp in my chest. Looking down, I saw an arrow sticking out of it. But not just any arrow; it was one of Kili's. I slowly started changing back, seeing Kili walk towards me; he had a smirk on his face. My breathing became erratic as blood filled my lungs. "You're finally getting what you deserve. I've been waiting the entire journey to kill you. I almost didn't have to though, when the Trolls caught you or when you got stabbed. I could've just let you bleed out, but those Elves had to be your friend and help save your life," he said, sounding disgusted.

"But, I thought you loved me?" I questioned, spitting up blood.

"Love you? How could anyone love a mutant like you? Half Elf, half Shape Shifter. That's the real reason your father banished you from the kingdom. Because he didn't want people to know his daughter was a FREAK!" By now, tears were steadily flowing from my eyes. The pain in my chest was almost gone and I took that as a sign that the life was gradually leaving my body. I started falling backwards, towards the ground, all the while, seeing a smile on Kili's face as he laughed.

Jolting awake, my eyes flew open, seeing only darkness. I don't know how long I had slept, but it probably wasn't very long. The Dwarves were still snoring, some louder than others. I looked up at Kili's sleeping face, remembering my dream. Seeing him smiling and laughing as I died scared me. Carefully pushing myself away from him, I got up, rolling up my blankets. I stepped over him, stopping when he shifted slightly. Throwing my pack over my shoulders, I made my way to the entrance.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard a voice whisper. Freezing in my spot, I slowly turned to look at Bofur, who I had forgotten was on watch.

"Back to Rivendell," I avowed.

"No, no, you can't turn back now. You're part of the company. You're one of us," Bofur insisted, standing up.

"I'm not though, am I? Thorin said I should never have come and he was right. I should've just stayed home. I'm not an adventurer. I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door."

"You're homesick. I understand."

"No, you don't. You don't understand. None of you do. You're Dwarves. You're used to this life. To living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere!" As soon as Bofur's face dropped, I realized what I had said and wished that I could take it back. "I'm sorry. I didn't," clearing my throat, I broke off, looking away.

"No, you're right. We don't belong anywhere. I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do," he said, patting my shoulder. I turned to walk out of the cave, but Bofur spoke again, making me stop. "What's that?" Following his gaze, I saw my sword glowing blue. There was a groaning sound and I heard Thorin yell for everyone to wake up. All of a sudden, the floors opened up, the Dwarves and I falling. We landed in a big pile and soon heard yelling. Goblins came running at us, grabbing and pulling. We tried fighting them off, but more kept coming. Being pushed around and thinking quickly, I changed into a bird, flying out of the mess. None of the Goblins seemed to notice. As soon as they were gone, I changed back. Drawing my sword, I followed the path of the Dwarves and Goblins. A Goblin dropped out of nowhere and I shrieked. It came towards me, swinging it's sword around. Knocking the sword out of its hands, it jumped on my back. In the process of trying to get free, my foot slipped off the edge and we both fell down a deep, dark hole.

*3rd Person*

The Goblins pushed the company of Dwarves over rickety bridges, stopping in front of the Goblin King, who sat on his throne.

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" The King demanded, getting down from his chair.

"Dwarves, Your Malevolence," a Goblin responded.

"Dwarves?"

"We found them on the front porch."

"Well, don't just stand there. Search them!" The King ordered. "Every crack. Every crevice." The Goblins searched through the Dwarves coats, looking for weapons. "What are you doing in these parts? Speak!" The Dwarves remained silent, glaring up at his ugly face. "Very well. If they will not talk, we'll make them squawk. Bring up the mangler. Bring up the bone breaker! Start with the youngest!" The Goblins that stood around watching, started to cheer as the King pointed at Ori.

"Wait!" Thorin yelled, moving to the front of the group.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is. Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror. King Under the Mountain," the King bowed, "Oh, but I'm forgetting. You don't have a mountain. And you're not a King. Which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head. Nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak. An old enemy of yours. A pale Orc, astride a white Warg."

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago."

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you?" The King chuckled before turning to a Goblin, "Send word to the pale Orc. Tell him I have found his prize."

I OWN NOTHING BUT MY CHARACTER!!