Chicken Noodle Soup

It was finally the weekend and weekends meant two days of staying at the lake house to unwind and just altogether escape the city buzz. The Rice family, and of course Sean, had just arrived at their (not-so) little safe harbor. Everyone was keen on having their much-deserved breather; Especially the two teens who had an immensely hectic week of choreographing and rehearsing for an upcoming event.

"Sean, wake up," Kaycee gently patted her best friend whose head was on her lap. "We're here," she informed him. Sean had fallen asleep halfway through the two-hour drive, claiming to have a headache.

"Hmm," he mumbled as he slowly sat up. "Sorry for making you my pillow, Kayc," his voice was hoarse from his nap.

"It's okay, Shamu, you haven't had enough sleep lately," Kaycee knew that atop all their rehearsals, Sean was also working on other various projects with his talent agency. She was aware of how tired her partner was.

"I can be your pillow anytime." She beamed at him, the dimples under her eyes making an appearance.

Sunshine. He thought. She was just like the sun that had decided to show up for them after a gloomy and rainy week.

The two retrieved their stuff from the back of the car before proceeding inside the house along with the others. Brad and Devon went straight to the living room and simultaneously collapsed on the couch, eager to catch a game re-run they've been talking about non-stop. While Kylie and Laura, along with the two dogs, were already out back, intent on soaking up some sun and getting a tan.

Sean and Kaycee, on the other hand, continued to their respective rooms, the guest room officially being Sean's. By now there was no point calling it the guest room anymore. He had officially earned his place in the family that they had made the spare room as his.

After a couple of minutes, Kaycee walked past Sean's open door, already changed into a swimsuit and ripped denim shorts. "Sean, I'll go join mom and Kylie out back, okay?" she informed him.

He was about to reply an okay when a sneeze replaced his words.

"Bless you!" he heard her yell sweetly making him smile to himself.

Despite having a strict rule of no working whenever they were at the lake house, Sean had a Facetime meeting with a director of the movie he was choreographing for. That was the last thing on his to-do list for the week and all he wanted was to just get everything over with.

Especially now that his head was starting to pound.

~~

The Rice girls agreed that it was too hot as the sun peaked in the sky, and after much dismay, the three headed inside and decided on getting started with making lunch. Typically, Sean's presence was a must whenever food was involved. However, Kaycee was aware that he had a meeting and so she didn't want to disturb him. But it was undeniable that it was way much fun when her best friend is around.

"Where's Sean?" Devon asked to no one in particular while he was setting up his laptop, plugging it to a projector. They were all gathered in the living room, ready to watch a movie while eating the homemade pizzas the girls had managed to whip up for everyone.

"I'll go call him," Kaycee announced, standing from where she was sitting. It's been almost two hours since they saw the boy.

The hallway leading to Sean's room was silent so she assumed that his meeting was done. "Hey, Sean, you good?" She asked even before reaching his doorway. He didn't respond though.

Maybe he has his airpods on. Kaycee thought.

Nobody responded because Sean was fast asleep. His meeting only lasted about ten minutes. But with his body feeling tired and his head heavy, he decided to go lie down in bed for a while. He figured he'd take a nap to hopefully rid his headache so he'd be able to help with making lunch and just get the chance to catch up with his second family.