My Sunshine

"Bro, just ask her," Josh deadpanned. "Seriously. You're getting anxious for nothing,"

Sean didn't understand why he was being nervous. It felt as if he was asking her to be his partner for World of Dance all over again.

The two boys had just finished taking a dip in the Lew's pool and were now lounging around, just catching up with what's been happening in their lives lately.

"What if she doesn't want to?" Sean began dragging his hands down his face. He was seriously getting worked up. "You know what? Maybe I just won't ask her anymore," he grumbled.

"Lew, for crying out loud, don't be stupid. It's not like you're going to ask her to marry you or something," Josh was one of the many people who believed Sean was a genius, but right now he was debating with himself whether he should continue his reverence to him. "And come on, it's Kaycee we're talking about here,"

Josh tapped on his phone before he threw it to Sean, "Now do it,"

Luckily Sean had fast reflexes and caught his friend's mobile phone. "Why'd you do that?" He frowned at him in disbelief. But his expression quickly changed when he saw what Josh's phone screen showed. "What the heck?" Sean quickly snatched his shirt from the back of his chair and immediately put it on. It's not like she hasn't seen him half-naked before–but he felt like it was the appropriate thing to do.

"Oh, hi, Sean," Kaycee's cheerful face popped on the screen. "Why are you using Josh's phone?" She was in her garage just trying to come up with some steps for a future dance video.

"Uhm," Sean looked around for his phone. "I don't know where it is," he said honestly, flashing her a dumb smile.

"Silly you," she chuckled. "So, what's up? Is everything alright?"

Sean glanced at Josh who was pretending to sleep in his chair. "Uh, yeah," he scratched the back of his head. He was starting to internally panic. "Uhh,"

"Spit it out, Shamu," she smiled, urging him.

He took a deep breath, "Do you have anything planned on the 16th and 17th?"

Kaycee grabbed her phone that she had propped against her water bottle, "Wait, lemme check," the screen went on pause for a few seconds before returning to her pretty face. "Nope, no plans for both days,"

"Okay, I know it's a bit short notice but do you want to go to a wedding with me? My cousin's getting married, and everyone can't go except for me. It's going to be in San Diego so I'm going to drive there the morning of 16th and drive home on the 17th." he paused to look at Kaycee who was attentively listening to what he was saying. "It would be great to have you as my plus one,"

Kaycee tilted her head to the side, "Sean," she started but was cut off by the said boy.

"It's okay if you don't want to. I can just go alone. I'll go tell my cousin now. No biggie," Sean rambled. "It's okay, I'll just—,"

"Would you please shut up, Sean. Of course, I'd love to go to your cousin's wedding with you," She gave him one of her cutest smiles. "I'll go ask mom and dad as soon as we finish talking, then I'll let you know,"

"That would be great, Kayc. Thank you," Sean can't help but beam at her, his dimples popping out. "You're the best,"

"I know," she smirked before ending the call.

Sean heaved a sigh of relief and sat back on his lounge chair, glad that his best friend agreed to go with him.

"See? It wasn't that hard," Josh still had his eyes closed but he held out his hand to ask for his phone back. "What's the deal anyway? It's just a wedding,"