4. weekend

FOUR
weekend

On Friday, Elliott was nowhere to be seen.

        He wasn't in class, didn't visit Marcus' dorm, and Marcus would be lying if he said he wasn't confused. He'd gotten used to seeing the guy everyday, so not even seeing him in class was weird. He was curious; he wanted to know where he was, but he didn't want to have to admit that he was thinking about the guy to Elliott himself.

            That would just be asking for Elliott to bother him even more.

             Now it was Saturday, and Marcus was expecting to see Elliott considering he was the one who invited him out. But apparently fucking not, because Andrew approached him in the afternoon to say, "Elliott isn't going anymore," to which Marcus replied:

                "Yes the fuck he is," with a scowl. He stood up, arms crossed. "What's his reason?"

                 Andrew awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, shrugging his shoulders. "He just said he doesn't want to," he muttered. "Why are you so upset? You don't even like him."

                 Marcus clenched his jaw. "He was the one who invited me in the first place," he snapped, soon realizing that was a shitty excuse, and so he quickly added, "And he said he wanted to meet my friend." Not exactly, but still.

"Just text him," Andrew groaned, crawling onto his bed, pulling out his phone. "I don't wanna be stuck between your weird ass relationship problems."

"Relationship problems," Marcus repeated bitterly. "Don't make it sound like something it's not."

Andrew rolled his eyes. "You're so dramatic," he grumbled. "You and my girlfriend. For fuck's sake." He turned over onto his side and waved a hand. "Text him, dumbass."

                    Marcus bit at his lip, thumb hovering over Elliot's contact. Then he quickly changed his mind and decided to consult Ashton first.

marco polo -
just how badly do you want to meet these people

ash -
rlly bad ):<

marco polo -
fuuuuuuck. okay

                   He switched over to Elliott and reluctantly typed out a message.

Marcus -
you're not going anymore?

Marcus -
you're not allowed to leave me on read this time.

snake -
No, I'm not

Marcus -
why? tf. you're the one who invited me. and you said you wanted to meet the person who was able to "deal with" my "bratty" self.

snake -
None of your business. Why're you so pressed? You don't even like me lmfao.

Marcus stared down at the screen, frowning. Why did he want Elliott to go? It would be weird without him - he was so used to seeing him all the time. Was that why? Even if it was, he'd still have to make something up, because Elliott would take those words and run with them. Tease the fuck out of Marcus for it, and he wasn't too keen on that ever happening.

Marcus -
my friend, Ashton, really wants to meet all of you for some reason

snake -
Is that supposed to make me go? Lmao

Marcus -
it was supposed to, yeah

snake -
You get one gold star for trying. Anyway, what's in it for me if I go? I demand a reward.