Serious

The next morning I was anxious to see Breaker in home room. That was until I got to school. All the people around him threw me off. Suddenly, he wasn't just mine. He belonged to everyone. Where would I fit in?

I walked slowly into class. He wasn't there yet. Why was I hurting inside? Nothing had even happened. I just felt disrupted. I wanted to be back in my room with him all to myself. Alone.

I settled into my usual desk. Class began, still no Breaker. Ms. Suarez called us to attention to begin the morning announcements. Just then, the door opened. He glided in, just like the first day. My heart jumped, I was positive that the insane desire showed on my face. How could it not?

The whole class erupted in applause. "Free Breaker!" They began to chant.

"I'm innocent," he raised his hands to the roof. He was saying hello to his friends and acknowledging everyone else but me. That's how it felt. I put my head down.

"We're all happy to see Mr. Breaker, but let's focus," Ms. Suarez said and resumed teaching.

"Hey," a student whispered and tapped my shoulder. He'd been sitting next to Breaker who told him to switch with me.

I moved discreetly. My face was red, I could feel it. I looked at him, his eyes drank me in, one side of his mouth curled in a smile. He moved his foot under my desk, I touched his leg with mine. It sent shivers all over me.

"You're behind, Adam. You'll need to take a packet home," Ms. Suarez said.

"Chanel will catch me up," he said. The class ooh'd and ahh'd at us. I wanted to shrink away and disappear (with him of course).

When the bell rang, he walked me to my next class. I could feel Camila's eyes burning holes in my back.

We stopped in the hall near a homecoming poster. It was at the end of that week. He looked at it, then at me.

"I was thinking, you wanna not go to homecoming together?"

"Not? What?"

"Yeah." He cornered me so my back was against the wall. He moved closer. "We skip it and do something together, just us."

I was struggling to breathe without moaning and panting. "Okay. Where will we go?"

"Does it matter?"

"No," I giggled.

"I just want to be with you."

"Me too."

"Is it okay that everyone knows?" he asked.

I nodded. I wanted everyone to know I was his girl. It felt good.

"Oh, um," I was stumbling.

"What?" He was towering over me. "Tell me, baby."

"Ooh," I liked the sound of that.

"What?" He leaned into me, a kiss on my cheek, then my lips. "Can I call you baby?"

I was holding onto him with both hands, oblivious to the people around us. I nodded and reciprocated his kiss.

"My mom wants to meet you," I could barely get the words out.

He stood back, surprise on his face. Oh no, I'd ruined it. Why did I do that? My heart stopped.

"Okay," he said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I want to meet my mother-in-law." He raised his eyebrows. I was overheating.

I walked on air into class and sat down. I couldn't wait to tell mom and arrange for them to meet. Maybe we'd go to the mission together. Mom would get her promotion for sure. I was day dreaming about it, Bill was there and everything.

***

I was too nervous to bring it up that evening when mom and I had dinner. I went to bed, promising myself I'd do it tomorrow. I was anxious, I couldn't sleep.

I sat up quickly in response to a noise. I listened intently, it came again. Tap, tap on my window. My heart raced. I wanted to scream but couldn't. It happened again.

"Chanel."

My hand was shaking as I moved the curtain. I slid the window open.

"What are you doing?" I scolded in a whisper.

"I thought you wanted me to meet your mom."

"Oh my God, Breaker."

He climbed in and hugged me. He was cool from the night air.

"I missed you," he was pushing me to the bed. He stopped and looked me up and down. I hunched and covered myself with my arms. I was wearing boy shorts and a thin tank top. He inhaled through his teeth and groaned

We were kissing again, his arms around me. He pulled the blankets down and backed me into bed. We lay together, he slid his hand behind my head, moving the pillow.

"What's this?" He'd uncovered a t-shirt and showed it to me.

"It's your shirt you left here."

"You've been sleeping with it?"

"It smells like you."

"Show me what you do with it."

"Breaker," I whined.

"Show me how you hold it."

I put both arms around him and lifted myself to him. I kissed his neck up and down. His hand slid up my side, under my shirt.

"I don't know," I stopped him, weakly.

"This all we'll do, okay. That's it."

"Okay."

He kept going, I was trembling under him. He stopped at my rib cage, I held my breath.

"Next time," he whispered. He pulled the covers over us and spooned me, his leg over the top of mine.

"You're not upset?"

"No. Not at all." He kissed the top of my head. "I just like being with you."

I turned to face him, kissing his neck and chin and lips. I wanted it to last forever. I held him with all my strength. My hands ran all over him, through his hair, down his back, then settled into being held in his arms. I'd never felt so happy that I could remember my whole life.

"I better go," he said softly. I clung to him. "Tell your mom I'm sorry I missed her and I'll meet her another time."

We were laughing as we quietly got up. He stopped and took my hand, "I don't deserve you, Chanel."

"Why do you say that?" If anything, it was the other way around. He made me feel like a princess in a movie.

"You're so beautiful and nice." I was leaning on him, our bodies connected. "Do you always wear little pajamas like this?" He asked as he looked me over one more time. I hid my face. "You're so shy."

"I, uh..." I wanted to prove I wasn't.

"No, no shh," he nuzzled his face in my hair. "I like it. It's cute."

I heard my mom's bedroom door opening. She was up to do something, hopefully not check on me! My stomach was jumping. He was half way outside.

"One more," he said. I held his face and kissed him. "Say hi to mom."

"Breaker, go!" I shook my head. I closed the curtain and jumped into bed.

I listened as mom got water and went back in her room. I exhaled.