Graffiti Art --Part 2--

Eve's P.O.V.

I made my way through the populated streets of the city to my little brother's elementary school. He's currently in the first grade. That annoying little twat is my 'everything.' He may seem shy and quiet to others, but he is the actual devil when it comes to me. I slowed when I neared the gates of his school. I gazed inside and spotted the little boy. He sat alone, with a beat-up stuffed Teddy Bear.

I shook the gate. "Ten, I'm here."

The kid looked up and his eyes beamed. "Eve-san!" His tiny-ass legs ran up to the gate and he opened it with his tiny-ass hands. "I missed you," he exclaimed as he hugged my lower waist.

I bent over and hugged him back. "You always say that, are you sure you're not lying?"

"Uh-uh," Ten shook his head.

I took his hand and stood up straight, we walked away from the school.

We passed various shops and walked through tons of traffic; the whole time, Ten jabbered away about his day.

"Eve! Eve! Did you know that there are no such things as poisonous ladybugs? Oh! And, and, we made clay figures! I made a sheep! You know!? Like Ama-chan's sheep?"

Ten was getting annoying at this point, but it's routine now. It's better than dealing with a bunch of private school kids.

We turned a corner where small shops and businesses were. Mei's Hardware. "Eve? Why are we here?"

"So I can get you something."

"Really?"

"Yeah, so look around and get me when you find something you like."

He smiled and dashed off while I found my way into the paint aisle. I was running out of green, red, and blue spray paint. I took off my backpack and opened it. Kneeling down, I took the cans I wanted and stuffed them in there.

I suspiciously looked around for people watching then I heard footsteps coming towards me. I hastily –and quietly– zipped up my backpack, put it on my shoulder and stood up. Act natural.

"Oh boy, it's you again, dearie."

I turn to the voice and there was Mei. She's an old Chinese lady who ran the shop. It was run-down with no security or surveillance; just her and her Japanese husband. She smiled at me.

I faked a smile back. "Don't mind my brother, I promised to buy him something."

"What about you? Oh you're looking at paint! These are new in stock and I know you're an artist. I've seen your drawings on paper! Would you want to get that color?"

I look at my hand to see that I'm holding a pink spray can. Then I look at her. Her wrinkles covered the majority of her eyes, but I knew she was looking into my soul.

To not seem suspicious, I said yes. At that moment, my brother came running up to me holding a small sketchbook. The boy held it up triumphantly. "Eve, Eve, Eve! I want this!"

"Of course, Ten," I ensured when I patted his head. I looked back at Mei who was looking at my brother. "Uh, Mei? I don't think I can afford two things today, but next time, I may get the paint."

"Sure, dearie, allow me to ring you up."

Ten and I exited the store and headed home. The spray cans weighed tremendously inside my backpack. Stupid old woman, she couldn't notice how bulky it is.