Chapter 3

Josiah's POV

     I had sniffed my mate about 3 miles away. I had been traveling for years, even temporarily leaving my thunder, my family, to find him. I had gone back home, only to sniff his sweet scent on the other side of the mountain. He had been here all along!

     The first meeting was a bit rocky. My mate got hurt, partly my fault. I can tell he feels our bond, but I can also tell he's not getting it. My inner dragon wants me to just claim him right here, to mark him and make him mine.

     When he tells me his name is Blaze, and he's from Drekanna, I'm taken aback. When I was a youngster, the prince of Drekanna was born and my family was invited to his birthday celebration; but that's really the only memory I have of Drekanna.

     Blaze's dragon form is very beautiful, and he seems to be of high status from how polished his scales are. He can't be the prince though, I met the prince and he's an only child.

     "Well, you seem to be my mate, so you aren't from Drekkana anymore." I rumble to him. I see his beautiful crystal blue eyes widen in surprise.

     "W... Wait... You're my mate?" He asks.

     "How old are you?"

     "I just turned 18." He tells me. That's why. You can feel your mate when you've reached breeding age, typically around 18 years. I'm much older than him, at 31, almost twice as old as him. I guess that explains why I could never feel him before.

     I step closer to his prone form. He doesn't move, just looking into my eyes. I come close and lay down next to him. I've never imagined having a male mate, but I don't mind. My thunder is very welcoming to most anyone.

     I love how my mate is so small, at least compared to me. This is when we subconsciously decide who's the 'submissive' in this relationship. I quickly assert myself by getting on top of him and bringing my slit to his.

     In dragon form, we have a slit in between our legs where our manhood is. I bring my slit to his to tell him he's the one that's going to be penetrated, not me.

     Luckily, he doesn't seem to mind, so we won't have to fight for dominance. I stay there though, making sure he knows. When I feel him relax, I gently nip his neck before laying next to him again. I cover him up with my wing and bring him close to my belly to warm him. Our tails wrap up together and I can't help but purr.

     I take this as a success when my mate just relaxes and closes his eyes. So trusting... I lick his cheek soothingly, telling him its okay to sleep, that I'll watch over him through the night.

     As the dominant of the two, it's my job to protect my submissive and provide for him so one day, he can provide me offspring, powerful heirs. He doesn't have the right baby-making parts now, but now that I've asserted my dominance, he will develope the right parts.

     All through the night, Id usually watch the stars, but tonight, I gaze upon something much more magnificent.

     My mate.