chapter 1-Green glow

I watched as Stephen cross checked the credentials I'd handed to  him earlier nonchalantly.His eyes going up and down the pages as he swayed the chair gently in an interesting manner.

    I looked at Benny at the door as she signalled that we had no other candidates for the day.I nodded at her and she dismissed herself shutting the door quietly and slowly. My eyes drifted to the young lady seated in front of us who happened to be the last candidate we had.Her fingers were entangled into another and she was looking expectantly at Stephen who was now with her papers.
     I looked back at Stephen who was taking longer than expected on the woman.Then finally he cleared his throat.

    "So Mrs......" He began

    "Miss Clara sir"she smiled brightly and sat more comfortably but still looked nervous

    " but it says here that you have a son"Stephen looked up at her and back at her papers again to make sure he hadn't read incorrectly

    "Yes...I uhmm" she paused and shut her eyes for a bit"I had him when I was 18"

     "And his dad?" Stephen asked and I gave him a "really?" Look.He looked at me and shrugged innocently

     "I don't know" she replied more casually

     "So why did you leave your last workplace?" I asked as Stephen laid her papers back on the desk

     "Sexual harassment" Stephen's eyes widened"nearly"she added and he got relaxed.I could tell he liked her already

      "Well Miss Clara" Stephen stood up and buttoned his suit"you got the job,congratulations"he stretched out his hand and  Clara hurriedly took his hand with both hands shaking it vigorously.

        "Thank you,Thank you soo much...oh my God I'm so happy" she squealed and I smiled as I shook her hands too

After the meeting,I let Stephen discuss with her about everything she needed to know about her work.It was usually Benny's work but he had given me the innocent eyes to make me ask him to do it instead.Since I asked him to join me in the big room as we call it,I should let him finish things happily right?.

   "So I see you've found interest in the young lady uhn?" I teased him as I drove us to the bar after work

   "Well?she looks really..really..I don't know,something about her just draws me to her" Stephen smiled dreamily"her orange hair reminds me of my mum you know"

    "You mean red?"

     "Whatever" he rolled his eyes "but dude,you better find someone quick"

     "Why quick" I asked and glanced briefly at him

     "You know why,didn't you find a lady who interested you among the ones we interviewed today?"

     "Oh come on dude,interviews are now blind dates?" I shook my head and laughed"and besides you know my type better than I"

    "Oh yeah,blonde,rich,spoiled and sexy brats" he looked at me with dead eyes looking so uninterested.

    I laughed "Now that's what I'm talking about"

   "Come on Joseph,you can love any woman at all it doesn't matter if she isn't all those things you say you want,you might really not even want them"

   I stayed silent as I parked in front of our favourite bar,unbuckling my seat belt,I looked at Stephen who was still expecting a reply

   "Maybe not in this life bro" I smirked and tapped him on his shoulder as I got out,so did he.

I arrived home at exactly 9pm...Mehn was I exhausted,which was the usuals on Tuesday nights anyway.I walked to the stairs and moon walked back to my fish,I named her dayla.I looked at her as she moved about in her glass home.

   "You must be lonely eh?" I continued my focus on her and she continued to swim about"how about I get you neighbors? "As if she heard what I suggested, she came closer to my face.I chuckled and straightened up.I sprinkled her a little fish food on the surface of the water and left to my room.

    After a refreshing bath,I layed on my bed to sleep and then my mum's call came in.

   "Hey mum,you're back?"

   "Of course sweetheart, I'll make this quick because I really have to sleep early tonight,So your fathers Inauguration is in two days and I hope you bring someone decent along as your date" she said

   "Saying someone decent you mean?"

   "Not your regular rich spoiled brats I see you with,someone respectful and decent"

   "But mum..."

   "No buts Joseph,to make things better I'll bring you a date myself.you don't need to worry yourself about it then" I smiled.she's at it again

   "Did you hear me?" My mum asked because I hadn't replied her yet

   "Of Course mum,bring the lady,I'll go with her,I'll do whatever you want mum"

I felt her smile at the other side of the call.

   " thank you baby...Mmmuuaaahh"she kissed me

     I chuckled " I love you mum"

   " I love you too darling,get some rest too"with this she ended the call.

    I looked at my phone screen as I adored my home screen wallpaper which was a picture of my parents.

   "I will" I whispered. I dropped my phone and layed on my side.I closed my eyes and I felt strange.I opened my eyes and nothing was around.I was the type who slept with the lights on since I was scared of the dark.I was 25 but I still had fears like a normal human.

   I closed my eyes and again I felt this strange vibe,I opened it again and this time I was surprised by what I saw,there was this green glow inside my mirror which seemed to keep expanding every second. I got off my bed and walked to the mirror.I really didn't want to get closer but something kept pushing me to walk closer to it.I stayed two steps away from the mirror and stretched to feel if there was really an opening.immediately I dipped my hand into it,I got pulled in by a force and everything went black.