Chapter 1 Positive

Hey my beautiful baes. I'm so excited about this new story. I'll be going back and forth from updating on this and my other story The Struggle. Since this a book that perspective is a big part of there is going to be a lot of different P.O.Vs just warning you. Enjoy. Don't forget to comment and vote thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

It's positive. It's there. I can't take it back even if I wanted to. I hold the test in my hand and stare. My mom is gonna kill me. She is a religious freak even though she "sins" like she needs it and it keeps her alive. Sex before marriage is like the biggest fuckin sin to her. If I tell her she will tell me I'm going to hell and kick me out. I set the test on the counter wash my hands and go to my room. I pull out my suitcases out of my closet. I grab my phone and call my best friend Lexi. She is 18 and lives with our other best friend her boyfriend Cameron. They live in a studio and every night is fun and partying which is good and bad but I don't care about that I'm just glad they are letting me stay. I already took all my furniture and my big stuff to their place already and just have some more clothes, my laptop, and my camera. Lexi finally answers.

"What up my bitch?"

God Lexi and her weird ways of saying hi.

"Right back at cha. I'm telling my mom she'll want proof so I'll text you when we're done and you can pick me up."

"Are you sure you want to be alone when you tell her?"

"Yeah I have to do it alone."

"What if she hits...."

I cut her off when I hear a door open.

"I got to go she's home I'll text you."

I hang up before she says anything else.

I walk downstairs to my mom leaning up against the wall. She's hammered as usual. This

might make it a bit harder to tell her than I thought.

"Hey mom can we talk please."

"Where the hell have you been?"

"I've been here the whole time you were gone mom."

"What do you need to tell me?"

She stumbles over to me pulling me towards the couch. Her grip was icy and cold.

"I'm umm I'm."

"Spit it out I don't fuckin have time this shit."

"I'm pregnant."

Once the words slip out she slaps me across the cheek. It stings and I know that I'm gonna have a bruise because she hasn't slapped me like that in long time or not that hard at least and even her smaller slaps leave nasty big bruises. I cover myself right away. It's a reflex now.

"That is one sick joke Shailene Rose Clifford."

I stand up quickly.

"It's not a joke I'm serious I really am."

She stands up and I back up but not enough and she punches me in my gut, I groan loudly. Thank God I'm only about a month a long so hopefully the baby will be ok. I get back up almost right away. Don't get me wrong it hurts like shit but I'm used to it.

"You promised Shailene this wouldn't happen."

"Promises are nothing because you never keep them. You are the last person who should be saying that."