Chapter 1

Emily's POV

It was just like every other day here on Asgard. Sun shining brightly, the heat just barely bearable, thanks to the gentle breeze. Thor was with Lady Sif doing Odin knows what, and I left to myself. So doing the only logical thing I can think of I wander around the palace. I've been here for a whole month, and I still don't know my way around the place. I am trying to find the library, but I think I should have taken a right, instead of the left... Gah this place is so frustrating. I am now completely lost and have somehow managed to end up in the dungeon. I wonder who all is down here?

Walking further into the dungeon, I notice most cells are empty, in fact, all but one was. So the dungeon only had the single inhabitant, a man. He had shoulder-length black hair, that looked in need of a wash, emerald green eyes I swear had a look of sadness and regret.

"What are you gawking at mortal?"

What the? How rude! I was not gawking, I was merely observing.

"For your information! I was observing, not gawking."

"Than what prey tell have you observed?"

"That despite your good looks and a need for a shower, you look sad, regretful even."

"How dare you! You a mere mortal! Telling me these lies."

He is not wrong when called me mortal, cause I am, but he didn't need to be rude. I was about to say something back to him, but I hear foot septs from the corridor.

"Emily, dear what are you doing down here?"

"Well my queen, I seemed to have gotten lost and found myself wandering the dungeon when I stumble upon the man"

"This is Loki, My son"

Her son? Then why is he down here? Has he committed some kind of crime?

"Loki I hope you have not been rude."

"I'm afraid he has."

Frigga turns to Loki and frowns, "Loki I taught you better!"

Loki looks down at the floor. Ha! Feel the shame! You just got scolded by your Mother! Wait a minute, why is the Queen down her? And damn it all, why is a prince in a jail cell?!

"Miss Frigga, why is he in there anyway?"

She gives me a surprised look, "Emily, are you not aware? He attacked Midgard, trying to rule it."

Really? Come on why is it that every time a bad thing happens on Earth, it always has to do with someone wanting to take over the world! It is so cliche.

"So you wanted to be KIng of the world?"

"Maybe..."

Typical, World domination on the brain, and nothing but! Looking at Loki with a glint of curiosity, I wonder, if it had not been for the Avengers and Thor, he would have won. Now if I'm being honest with myself, I never liked Earth. It was based on technology, and self-serving people were everywhere, one person being Tony Stark. Here on Asgard, everything is so much more enchanting.

"Mother, why have you come?"

"What can't I come and visit you?... Okay, the truth is I am here to tell you your wish has been granted, your Father-"

"That oaf is not my father!"

"Odin has put under the care of Lady Moore."

What the Hell?! I have to babysit a pompous, arrogant, man! Not to mention he is the Captain of being rude!