graduation

Kara's pov:

2 months later-

Tour finished two weeks ago, and school has yet to end. We have a week left until it ends and we all graduate. I'm not sure how we managed to pass since we missed almost half a semester, but we did.  Jack and I's relationship stayed strong for the remainder of tour, but weakened since we got back. We have all been so busy with school and trying to study for finals that we hardly see one another. Luna is the only one I really see because we study together.

-

Today is our first day of taking finals. I have multiple classes with Jack so I will at least be able to see him. I get everything I need from my locker and head to class. The bell hasn't rang yet, so I will be early. I walk into the classroom and find a desk. I sit in one near the back because I don't want the teacher critiquing my every move. A few minutes later Jack walks and sees me.

"Hey baby girl," He says a smile forming on his face.

"Hi," I return, smiling just as big as he is.

He takes a seat in the desk next to mine, and turns so he is facing me.

He furrows his eyebrows and a sad look takes over his face."I'm sorry we haven't seen each other in a while. I've been so stressed about finals, I barely left my house."

"It's okay, I've been the same way, so I understand. Hopefully we can spend all the time we want together after we graduate!"

"Of course!"His face brightens. "I can't believe we are all going to graduate in less than a week. This is gonna be the best summer we've ever-" He gets cut off by the teacher shushing everyone.

-

Seven long hours later, we are finally free to leave. I quickly grab my stuff and head towards Nate's car. I ride with him everywhere because my parents are too cheap to by me a car and I can't get my own because I'm broke. Just as I'm about to open the door of the car I hear Jack yell my name. I turn around looking for him, and spot him running down the sidewalk.

He finally makes it to me, breathing quickly as if he had ran a mile. "do..you..want..a..ride?" He asks between breaths.

"um, sure." I reply grabbing my phone to text Nate.

Jack grabs my hand and begins walking towards his Jeep. He practically drags me because he's moving so fast.

"Why are you running? We are just going to your car." I ask trying to keep up with him.

"No reason I just thought you might need some exercise" he smirks, knowing I hate any type of exercise.

"You are mean Jack Gilinsky!" I exclaim smacking his bicep.

"You're the one who slapped me so I think you, Kara, are the mean one."

My hand goes to my chest pretending he hurt my feelings. I let go of his hand and begin to walking back to Nate's car, a smirk on my face knowing he's going to freak out.

"Wait! No Kara, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was just joking. Please don't leave baby!" He grabs my hand and as I turn around I start laughing. He becomes confused and then realizes what I did.

"Kara Maloley I'm going to get you back!" He yells and picks me up, running towards the Jeep.

"Jack no! Put me down mister!" I squeak.

"Mhm."

"I will buy you chipotle if you do," I offer.

"Okay," He states setting me down.

-

Graduation day!

Today is the day I graduate high school. I'm scared to death I'm going to trip when I walk on stage, but if I do I will have a funny story to tell my future kids.

"Are you ready to graduate?" Luna asks while she fixes her lipstick.

"No, but I'm very glad I will never have to see that place ever again after today."

"Same!"

"Are you girls ready?" Nate yells from down stairs.

"Yes, we will be down in a minute!" I scream back.

"Let's go do this thing!" I declare to Luna. I grab her hand and we walk down the stairs together.

As we make it to the bottom of the stairs, I see a very handsome Jack sitting on the couch. He stands up as he hears us.

His mouth opens but he doesn't say anything. He slowly makes his way towards me and grabs ahold of my hand. He brings it up to his lips and gives it a small peck. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you! You don't look to bad yourself, Gilinsky."

"Let's go! We have ten minutes until we have to be there!" Nate interrupts.

-

"Thank you all so much for coming! It is an honor to be seeing all of these young adults graduate, as I have seen many of them grow up over the years." Our principal, Mr. Harding gushes into the mic.

We sat for 20 minutes until any of us were called.

"Jack Gilinsky" I watch as he walks onto the stage. As he's about to walk back off he turns towards us and sends me a small wink.

"Jack Johnson, Kara Maloley, Luna O'Connell..."

"Thank you all for coming! Graduates you may now turn your tassels to the other side."

After everyone does that all you can see are hats being thrown into the air.

I find my way towards Jack and when I find him he grabs my face lightly and attaches his lips to mine. As we pull away Jack whispers, " I love you so much Kara Maloley."

"And I love you Jack Gilinsky."

This is the best place I could ever be. With Jack and all of my friends, it's all I could ever ask for.