14) Glory

After we landed at the London airport, which was clogged to its fullest with people, and had picked up our oversized and overweight accessories, we made our way over to the rental cars area. It would be a while before my parents could purchase a car of their own in the U.K., so a rental it would be for the foreseeable future.
        The car was a silver SUV. It was one of those ones where you can take one quick look at, and know in an instant that it was one of those over the top luxury penthouses on wheels, only except for the beds and all. But yeah, basically my parents rented a portable penthouse for the next month or so. We loaded our bulky baggage into the trunk- or "boot," as they say here in London. Yeah, I don't know if I'll ever get used to that one!-  and we were off.
        It was a long and boring drive. My parents, being your classic and typical suburban American-turned-English couple, decided to listen to a podcast. Yes, a podcast. I promise, I'm telling you the truth here. It was a legit podcast. Yikes! I have no interest in any sort of podcast whatsoever, so I just tuned out completely and kind of just dozed off with my eyes staring at a blank canvas full of blending colors out the back right window of the van. I always sit on the right side. Always.

        "Look!" My dad pointed after about three hours of a droning mechanical voice swimming around in the distant background. Beginning to shadow our existence in this "small" SUV of ours, a large brick building loomed just above where the sky met the road. "It's your new school, Glory. What do you think?"
        What do I think? What do I think??? Well, let me tell you what I think! I think that there's no point in coming all the way halfway across the planet just for some new company branch opening. I mean, we just up and left all in, like, twenty-four hours! I have my friends, I have my teams, hell, I have my life all back in California. Back where I should be right now! But, no, I'm here. I'm here, and this sucks!
        "It's cool," was all I could manifest aloud.