the happy ending

Laura's pov:

"So, how's it been? It feels like I haven't seen my own daughter in years!" my mom questioned me. A smile on her face.

"I'm sorry" I sigh "But I'm not gonna lie, its been a bit torturing. I'm trying to get Addi to sleep in her own bed but she will not budge"

"I remember when I couldn't get you to sleep alone" she sighted "With Vannesa it was easy because she wasn't as attached to me like you were, and Addison's pretty attached to you.It just takes a while but I'm sure she'll get used to it soon enough"

"I hope so" I yawn a bit "I'm exhausted"

"Oh I wouldn't blame you darling" my mom sighted, soothing my arm in a confronting way "Where's Addi anyway?"

"Asleep" I pressed my lips "It's her nap time"

"And yours too!" My mom spoke up "Go get some sleep. I'll stay here for a while and take care of her when she wakes up"

"Even though that sounds amazing" I smiled at my mom tiringly "I've missed you too,so catch me up. I'll sleep later"

"You sure?" my mom furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Well I don't have much to say" she shrugged "Just day to day stuff. I dropped by Vannesa too yesterday and she said she had today booked with auditions. I'm just putting the finishing touches on my newest theatrical show, and your dad's been a bit under the weather lately"

"He's sick?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yes. Casual flu that he's being too dramatic about as always. Nothing serious"

"aw well I tell him I wish him a fast recovery! I'll make some soup today and you can give it to him?"

"Sure thing hun" she smiled.

"Okay, anyway I'm excited to watch the show! I'm sure the kids will be do amazing"

"Well I don't wanna brag but" my mom flipped some hair behind her shoulder "they're pretty good"

I had to laugh at that, and she joined in.

"Oh god it's crazy" she shook her head "How fast you and Vannesa grew. How you have a daughter of your own now. How she's already one year old"

"Time flies momma" I chuckle a bit "but yeah. I wouldn't have imagined ever having a daughter at 27, and even before Vannesa had one, but here I am"

"But here you are" she whispered cupping my face a bit and smiling at me "I'm proud of you, you know? You're an amazing mother"

"So are you" I smiled at her "you taught me everything I know, but thank you for saying that. You have no idea how good it feels to hear a compliment after these miserable days" I roll my eyes "I can't wait to be able to get back on track with my carrier and stuff. Lots of my fans expect music"

"I know" she smiles "but don't worry about that right now. And hey, cheer up! Tomorrow's the big day. Are you excited?"

"You have no idea" I smiled widely at her "I've missed him so much lately I might cry when I see him"

"I wouldn't be surprised" my mom laughed "We've arranged a diner after too! Kind of like a 'welcome back' party, so we''ll have lots of fun"

"Really?" I laughed "Then I can't wait. We shall be there" I took on a professional persona.

"And I shall welcome you in" my mom copied me, and I laughed at her.

Ah yes, the drama weirdos in us came to play.