Chapter 7

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Okay so, I know I'm not one to regularly update (that's an understatement) but whenever I sat down to write this I had no idea where the plot was going. But after talking with an amazing friend of mine, we had an idea. Now I know some of you won't like the whole idea of 'Transgender Naruto' but Naruto is a boy, trans or not, so I thought hey, this gives me good ideas for conflict so I added it in, if you started reading this before this update then please go back and reread the chapters. If you have a problem with trans!Naruto, stop reading, any transphobic messages will be deleted, now, on to the story.

for those of you who are transgender or know transgender people, this change in story is in no way meant to offend, I deeply support the trans community and want in no way to cause more harm than other people have already done. If I've made a mistake or hurt anyone in any way, please flick me a message so I can change/extract/add to my story.

sorry for the wait <3

-harbour

*Naruto's POV*

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

I slammed my hand down on the snooze button of my alarm clock and groaned. Turning over, I looked up at the ceiling and thought. The thought of Sasuke's knowledge of my dad's trophy was plaguing my mind.

"Mum... Dad..." My birth parents died when I was little, I don't remember exactly how, but I know they did. Kushina and Minato... I remember my mom's long red hair and her smile... And dad's bright eyes and personality. I remember how mum would get grumpy when I didn't eat my vegetables... Dad would always pat me on the back and say something like 'Listen to your mother' or 'how about we have a competition, who can eat our vegetables first!' Mom would always protest saying we'd "get a stomachache if we ate too fast", but there was always a glint of amusement in her eyes.

My throat burnt as I felt a tear slip for my eye but I quickly wiped it away. I don't often think about my parents, I mean hey, I have Iruka now, he's been an amazing father to me and I could never thank him enough for that, he put his life on hold just so he could take me under his wing. Speaking of the devil.

"Naruto are you up!?" I could hear the rattle of plates and pans as he yelled, stress seeping from his voice. I smiled.

"Yeah!" I called back as I  tried to keep my voice from quivering.

-----------------------------------

"Okay, class I want that project in by next week Friday! I have partnered you up- hey! don't look at me like that! I know, teacher pairings suck but I've done this for very good reasons!" I groaned, the mischief filling Jiraiya sensei's voice told me I definitely didn't want to know his 'very good reasons'. 

Sakura, who was sitting in front of me, handed back a piece of paper with the task outline on it, Jiraiya-sensei had given us a creative writing assignment, something about taking a photo and using it to tell a story? I don't know, I didn't really care either. All I knew was that I was paired up with Sasuke...

"Hey! Naru!" There was a harsh whisper in my ear as I swung around to look at who it came from. Sasuke. 

"Oh, hey Sasuke." I felt heat rise to my cheeks, yet I furrowed my eyebrows in concern. Sasuke looked a mess, which says something as he usually looks like some famous Korean model. His eyes were surrounded by dark circles, Instead of his usual sticky-uppy, duck butt of a hair style, he had thrown it into some form of a messy bun. It stuck out all over the place and hung in his eyes. From what I could see, he was still wearing his trademark black skinny jeans, but today he wore a gray sweatshirt which clung to his shoulders. In his hand held the leather jacket I had let him borrow the previous night. I smiled, taking it out of his grasp.