ᴏɴᴇ

Donghyuck shivered as the cold water from the rain travelled down his back. Donghyuck was not an idiot, he wasn't going to be standing under rain, waiting for a boyfriend who had apparently forgotten about the date he had planned. Donghyuck quickly walked through the streets, annoyed and feeling betrayed, because what the hell? Donghyuck had left his comfort-zone, finally decided to actually return to reality and actually felt giddy about meeting his boyfriend after so long, and this happened? Here he was, freezing cold, soaking wet, and unable to calm his nerves.

"I'm going to actually beat the shit out of him," Donghyuck said, wiping away the rain droplets that were mixed with his tears from his cheeks in anger. He trusted Jeno to make him feel better. He had lost someone in his life, someone that he loved more than anyone, the person who had raised him. The person who gently took his hand and taught him how to walk. The person who caressed his face softly, instead of shouting at him for being out too late. And Jeno had to go and make it all worse.

"Woah, woah, woah." Donghyuck stopped as he bumped into someone. He was blinded by anger and had lowered his head to cover it with his hand in an attempt to protect himself from the rain, which he was failing to do. His hands couldn't protect him from things, he should know this by now. "Donghyuck?"

Donghyuck raised his head and stared at Mark with confusion. Mark saw his red eyes filled with tears and immediately cupped his face, wiping them quickly and asking him if he was alright. Donghyuck blinked slowly, taking a deep breath as he tried to calm himself again. Mark's words of worry only caused him to stress more. He thought about where Jeno could be and an image of Jaemin flashed in his mind. Jaemin?

"Donghyuck!" Mark called out, snapping the younger out of his train of thoughts. "Are you okay? What were you doing here? Why are you crying? Do you wanna come over to my house?"

"Uh..." Donghyuck first thought about rejecting Mark's offer, as he thought that Jeno wouldn't have liked it. But then remembered how Jeno had stood him up, and the fear that he might've been with him was there as well. "Yeah...let's go to your house."

Mark immediately took Donghyuck by his hand and quickly led him through the streets. The two were completely drenched by the time they reached Mark's house, but Mark quickly pushed Donghyuck into the shower and handed him some clothes. Donghyuck stared at the closed bathroom door and sighed. He hurried over to the shower, not wanting to take long and disturb Mark, and then pulled over the clothes he was given. They fit perfectly, as his size was the same as Mark's and he then exited the bathroom.

Mark sat in front of the heater, drying himself up as he had also taken a shower in the guest room, and Donghyuck couldn't help but feel bad. He had been avoiding Mark for a while now, mostly because of the way Jeno glared at the two whenever they sat too close and because of the warm feeling he got in his heart. The same feeling he got whenever he was with Jeno.

"Donghyuck," Mark said softly, patting the floor besides him and then gestured for him to come and join him. "So tell me, why were you in that state just a while ago?"

Donghyuck bit his lip and shuffled forwards to receive more heat from the heater. He wanted to tell Mark it was because Jeno had stood him up and not even bothered to tell him that he was unable to come. But felt embarrassed. Embarrassed because he was foolish enough to leave his house, and all of his worries behind, and rush over to the park just to meet someone who doesn't even care.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Donghyuck replied, dipping his head down to dry his hair. Mark frowned at the pained expression Donghyuck had on his face and then glanced at his phone. He was out trying to buy some food when he found Donghyuck on the street, so he couldn't get any.

"Want some pizza?" Mark offered, picking his phone up and scrolled through different pizza takeout websites. Donghyuck lookee up and then down at his fingers. He was hungry (since he didn't eat anything in the morning, hoping to catch some breakfast with Jeno), but he didn't want to be any more of a burden on Mark. Mark had been kind enough to let him come over to his house and give him some spare clothes, but also getting free food? Donghyuck didn't want to seem pathetic.

"It's okay," Donghyuck replied, avoiding Mark's questioning look when his stomach growled. "I don't wanna be a burden."

"You would never be a burden." Mark shook his head and then dialed up the pizza shop, putting the phone to his ear and got up. Donghyuck watched as Mark smiled whilst talking to the person behind the phone. He was always in such a happy mood and trying to make others happy. That was one of the things Donghyuck liked of Mark. Always cheerful. "Alright, the pizzas are coming in 20 minutes, let's get comfortable."

Before Donghyuck could argue, Mark rushed out of the room in search for some blankets. As soon as he left, Donghyuck's phone lit up and a notification from Jeno popped up. With the anger and annoyance present in him from an hour ago building up again, Donghyuck reached over for his phone and checked what Jeno had to say.

Jeno ♡
Im so sorry Hyuck but something really big came up. I'll explain to you later but I can't come. I'm so sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you later 💞

Donghyuck scoffed at the shitty attempt of an excuse and then threw his phone onto Mark's sofa. Just as Donghyuck turned back to close the heater, Mark entered the room again, this time with blankets thrown over his body, making him look smaller than he actually is. Donghyuck looked up at him and then burst into laughter, covering his mouth as he watched Mark struggle with the amount of layers over him.

"Come on! Help me!" Mark whined, wiggling his body and trying to get the blanket off of himself. Donghyuck stood up and then pulled them off one by one. Mark stayed still and then glanced at the blankets, before gesturing for Donghyuck to climb onto the sofa.

"So, let's watch a movie" Donghyuck suggested, ignoring the way his heartbeat fastened as Mark dropped down besides him and snuggled closer, but making sure that there was a decent amount of space between them. The space made Donghyuck feel a little bad, a little guilty.

"What do you wanna watch?"

After a good couple of minutes of arguing over which movie to watch, the door bell rung and Mark hurried to get the pizzas. Once he paid and flashed his sweet smile at the delivery girl, Mark returned to the sofa and opened up the boxes, holding it up towards Donghyuck, who happily took a piece and stuffed it into his mouth.

"Are you feeling better now?" Mark asked and then immediately panicked when he saw Donghyuck freeze. "I mean- ah shit- I'm sorry for bringing it up again-"

"It's okay, Mark," Donghyuck chuckled, patting his arm to stop him from apologising. "And yes, I feel a lot better. Thank you."