eight

Mark sat up against the headrests of his bed and stared at the mirror across his room. How could he tell Donghyuck that his boyfriend had been cheating on him? He had to let it down slowly, to make sure Donghyuck didn't get hit with the news too harshly. But he also needed to tell him with enough confidence that Donghyuck believed him. There was a high chance the younger would dismiss the idea of Jeno cheating on him and laugh it off, not even knowing that it was the truth.

If Mark was to tell Donghyuck, everything between him and Jeno would end. The friendship they had ever since they were kids, it would be gone. Then again, did it really matter? Jeno had been dominating majority of his life and never gave him a proper chance to redeem himself for their past together.

Mark let out a sigh as he held his head in his hands. There was truly no good ending to whichever plan Mark chose to follow. If he told Donghyuck, the two would break up and Mark would probably lose Jeno and the entire group. On the other hand, if Mark didn't tell Donghyuck, then the younger would find out a long time afterwards, causing him to lose his trust in Mark and there goes another friendship. 

"But Donghyuck's happiness is more important than my past or our relationship," Mark said to himself. Donghyuck would be happier once he got rid of Jeno from his life. Not only Jeno, but Jaemin as well. Perhaps Jaemin had been an amazing friend before Jeno came into the picture, but he wasn't anymore and neither was he attempting to fix himself. "I'll tell him now."

Mark stood up and grabbed his phone. He was going to finally tell Donghyuck, but he decided telling him face to face would be better. However, before revealing the truth to Donghyuck, Mark gave Jeno a heads up.

Mark

I'm telling Donghyuck everything about you and Jaemin

Jeno

You wouldn't dare to

You know I'm not joking when I say I'll tell everyone about your past

Mark

Go on

idc. My past doesn't represent who I am now

Plus

Donghyuck is more important 

With that, Mark stuffed his phone into his pocket and grabbed his jacket. He couldn't allow his past to hold him back anymore. Mark hurried out of his house and ran down the street. It was better if he met with Donghyuck quickly and got done with this problem.

As Mark turned the corner from his road, he thought back to when he was younger. Mark's parents had died when he was a kid. If you were to see the Mark now, you would assume he didn't let that fact hurt him too much. But it did. And it caused not only Mark pain, but Jeno. 

Since Mark was still a child, he was going to be given to his uncle in Canada, but since this relative was too far away and wasn't willing to take responsibility, Mark ended up joining his best friends family. Jeno was a quiet kid who never liked to talk much. Although he smiled like an angel, no words ever escaped his mouth. 

Jeno's parents had first thought their child couldn't speak, but then slowly realised it was because he was shy and scared to talk. When Mark entered his life, he began to become more social. He would laugh loudly, talk non-stop and never take a break. His friends group suddenly expanded and Jeno became popular. Mark didn't like this.