Chapter 15.8

Chapter 15.8

All good things must come to an end 

‘I understand we must be on friendly terms and all, but must we really walk out with them!’, Arisa whined as usual as she clung onto Jun Hong’s right shirt sleeve.

‘Don’t start your whining again Order scum! We aren’t happy about this either. Unfortunately the Council has decreed it so it will be done’, Akihiko rebutted, walking next to the railing divider which separated the two groups as they walked down the main stair way which led to the walkway to the exit.

Arisa hissed back at the orange haired man, her succubus tail twitching behind her slightly as she tried to hold herself back from attacking him.

‘I wasn’t talking to you!’, She screamed back, before huffing and looking away.

Jun Hong glared at Akihiko slightly, before moving his free hand to gently stroke the succubus’s hair. Arisa gasped slightly, before smiling and leaning into her man’s touch.

‘Leave him Arisa…’, Jun Hong mumbles in a low voice.

‘Alright Jun Hong-sama….but only because you said it’, Arisa replied as she leaned slightly more against Jun Hong.

‘My, my…Haven’t you two become close~ Did I miss something while I was busy at our west headquarters?’, Sevan asked the two seemingly close lovebirds, who blushed as they tried to avoid eye contact with their leader.

‘Aye Old friend. The wee lass seems to have captured our young protégé’s heart~’, Captain Fujimori answered in the stead of the couple, who both gave him soft glares which seemed to show a hint of gratitude in them.

‘Ah I see, very nice’, Sevan replied as he smiled softly, before glancing to his left to see Akihiro.

He watches the red haired man, a soft smirk appearing on his face.

‘Ah my good friend Akihiro….How are your children doing, hmm~’, Sevan asked, his smirk widening when he saw a vein pop on the side of Akihiro’s forehead.

Akihiro’s short temper began to rise again as he knew very well what Sevan was going to ask him. He feels a hand on his shoulder, turning to see Arthur Lockhart looking at him with a pleading look. Akihiro looks at him, and then at the rest before sighing softly, nodding his head to show he understood.

‘Well? Are they well?’, Sevan asked again, taunting the man to answer.

‘Yes…they are well’, Akihiro answered

‘Ah that’s good. And what about Rick then? Been awhile since I saw the lad.’

‘….He’s fine as well’, Akihiro replied, clenching his jaw slightly.

‘Yes, yes. Although I heard some disturbing rumors….That he’s working for us. Well I can tell you now those are complete lies, we’d never take such a useless boy into our organization’, Sevan stated, smirking as he saws Akihiro’s face go red with anger at the mention of the uselessness of his son.

And that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Akihiro flew into a fit of rage, his pride clouding his judgment as he tried to lunge at Sevan only to be stopped by Kaede and Arthur.

‘You bloody bastard! I’ll kill you!’, He cursed at Sevan.

‘My, my. Still have that bad temper of yours I see’, Sevan teased.

‘So easy to rile up, eh Master?’, Jun Hong joins in, Arisa smirking slightly beside him.

Akihiro growls loudly at Sevan, before being calmed down by Arthur.

‘Easy friend, remember we need to be at peace with them to maintain the treaty’, Arthur whispered softly to Akihiro, patting his shoulder lightly.

‘That’s right brother. Please…for the sake of this treaty can you please swallow your pride and calm down?’, Kaede said in a harsh tone, talking some sense into his brother-in-law.

Akihiro continued to resist for a while, before sighing as he stopped his struggles.

‘Very well….’, he says begrudgingly as he turned his attention away from the snickering and taunting Order members and continued to walk down the stairs, followed closely by the now relieved Legion members.

‘Well, guess that ends our fun’, Arisa said as the Order party also continued to climb down the last flight of stairs

‘For now’, Sevan replied, a mischievous look on his face as he looked over at the Legion.