𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐠𝐬

The Dark Era...

"(Y/N) (L/N), head to Boss' office immediately."

The announcement echoed within the walls of the building. You were slightly shocked by the sudden command but followed it nonetheless.

Walking into the elevator, you quickly pulled your phone out and decided to kill some time by playing some games. You were slightly annoyed because it took forever for the elevator to finally reach the top level. Sighing in relief, you then carefully shoved your phone back into your pocket and continued your stroll to Mori-san's office.

The sound of your heels clicking on the beautiful, white, marble floor rang your eardrums. Just a few feet away, Mori-san's office was in sight.

What awaited you, surprised you. There stood four of the great mafia executives and Ougai Mori, the leader of the Port Mafia.

You immediately locked your eyes with Chuuya and gave him the look that meant 'what-am-I-doing-here?'

He simply gave you a small smile and proceeded to not do anything else.

You and Chuuya became close friends three years ago ever since you became a member of the infamous organization. He was ordered to show you around and hand over missions for you to complete. He complimented you on your skills of being an assassin as well. You were even compared next to him for being one of the greatest martial artists in the Port Mafia! All of that time shared by the two of you grew a very lovely friendship.

"Welcome, (Y/N)-kun!" Mori-san greeted as you bowed and said your 'hellos' to everyone.

"Was I summoned here to future execute an upcoming mission or is it for something else?" You questioned, fidgeting your hands behind your back.

"It's for something else," he exclaimed cheerfully, agreeing with the second option. "I can proudly announce to all of you that there will be a fifth executive."

You were taken aback by the unexpected announcement but refrained from embarrassing yourself any further. On the other hand, Chuuya seemed to be quite happy with the news and gave you a warm smile.

Ace merely gave you a lousy thumbs up, but Dazai congratulated you.

When you first became a member, you weren't necessarily close with Dazai at all. He was your superior, nothing more nothing less, so it felt good that he praised you

"I'm glad you're the one who took the fifth position," Dazai complimented as he extended his hand for you to shake, which you gladly took. "I still can't believe Chuuya is one though."

"You damn Mackerel! I'll kill you!" Chuuya threatened the suicidal-wasting-bandages with venom blatantly in his tone. You gave them both a sheepish smile at their childish behavior.

"My my, Chuuya-kun! Why are you being so violent?" He teased the smaller one. Mori-San lifted his hand while closing his eyes.

"Enough."

The duo dialed down, evidently portraying their hatred towards one another, but Mori-san was not finished,

"(Y/N)-kun, you haven't given me an answer yet," he stated, handling the medical scalpel in between his fingers. "So what will it be?"

You contemplated for a while, picking out the pros and cons of this whole situation. Being one would mean that your life is at greater risk; creating more enemies and having your loved ones in danger is just the tip of the iceberg. However, becoming a mafia executive gave you the authority to do most things you please, so you had to take this into great consideration.