𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧

The Dark Era...

It was around midnight as you were heading your way home. You felt the cold breeze of the wind against your face. The fresh smell of grass hit your nostrils, and the nice sound of the cicadas singing echoed the vacant road.

Yawning and wiping the tear that formed afterward, you were evidently exhausted from the endless number of missions that you were in charge of and the lack of sleep from it. It was a definite pain in the ass, but you never failed to amaze them with your capabilities.

After abandoning The Seventh Agency four years ago, you were homeless. It was immensely difficult to survive with the money you made there, but your grandma was the one who found and took you in.

Your grandmother was a good woman. She had a big heart and was also extremely clever. She really opened your eyes to the perspective of love and even nagged you to stop killing. You're not the type of person who would willingly kill someone. You'd only assassinate them if you're ordered to or if it was the only option. She cared for you, despite your cold, murderous ways; she gave you the love that they never provided you.

They treated you as if you were some kind of sick humanized weapon. In fact, they only used you to kill off any potential threat they thought would ruin their organization. It was truly disgusting of them to do that to you.

As you were taking your small stroll, you whipped your head around. Your instincts told you that someone was watching you. Your assumption was indeed correct, having to witness a group of men surrounding you. Smirking at their failed attempt to kidnap you, you spun gracefully, kicking the man's temple who then fell dead to the ground.

The other men were stunned by your abilities, tightening their grip on their guns to aim at you. You noticed that they were all dressed in the exact same greyish-blue cloak and seeming to possess an old-pistol near their waist. It was safe to conclude that they were watching you for a while now, full well-knowing your routes.

In this current situation, you were not worried about yourself, no. You were fretting about your dear, old grandmother, who was not capable of performing martial arts at all, but she did possess intelligence. You really did hope your grandmother was not harmed or else, someone would definitely pay the price.

You dodged multiple gunshots and attacks that were aimed at you. You weren't sure if there was a definitive answer as to why these men in blue were after you. Maybe they sent them to you? But for what reason? Your mind was just a boggled mess as you tried your absolute hardest to pay attention.

The men behind you grabbed your wrists roughly, locking your hands together with cuffs. The others that you defeated were either unconscious or dead. Unfortunately, two managed to survive the fight.

"Who are you guys?" You questioned nonchalantly before raising an eyebrow. It was essential to find out what affiliation they belonged to or if they had any type of connection with any organizations. You could even mention it to your superiors if they become a future threat to the Port Mafia.

Sadly, they didn't respond nor did it look like they were even blatantly listening to you. Soon afterward, they forcefully shoved a cloth near your nose and blindfolded you, so you wouldn't be able to see your surroundings.

Your eyelids felt heavy as you tried to blink a few times to stay conscious for a little bit more. Groaning, you felt an immense pain forming near your temple.

It wasn't long before your body decided to give up on its own. You felt helpless. Weak. But you knew you needed to do this to find any potential evidence that would benefit the organization. You always had to endure some type of suffering in missions to execute your goal. Yes, it was painful, but it did get the job done. You were used to it anyway.