Part Two ✴

ALEX'S POV

song// attention by we are the in crowd

***

The first few weeks at school were boring and anti-climatic. I spent most of my time listening to boring lectures and making sure I got all my papers turned in on time. No one had noticed me.

Until today.

I was sitting on the bleachers by the football stadium at gym, while the other kids played football. My mom wrote a note for me so I didn't have to participate, which I didn't bother reading.

Anyway, I was just doing what I always did- listening to Green Day and watching everyone else - when a guy with brown hair (with a blonde streak) sat down by me.

"Hey. I've never noticed you, are you new?" he asked, smiling at me. I took a deep breath.

"Yeah," I mumbled. I hated talking to people I didn't know.

"So, I noticed you sit over here everyday. Why don't you join everyone else?"

Could he get any more annoying?

"Don't want to." I tried to make it as obvious as I could that I didn't want to talk to him, but the fucking idiot wasn't taking the hint.

"Oh. I'm only over here because I forgot my clothes."

"That sucks."

"I'm Jack."

Fuck this.

"Alex."

"So, um you like Blink?" he asked shyly, glancing at the shirt I was currently wearing.

I nodded. "Yeah. They're pretty great."

"Yeah, I know. I almost got to go to one of their concerts last year, but my mom ended up getting pissed off and not letting me go."

I laughed quietly. Maybe Jack wasn't that bad.

"My mom would never do that to me. She knows that I would just end up sneaking out and going anyway."

Jack laughed. "I was going to, but my parents literally locked me up. I mean they had locks on my window and everything."

"What did you do?"

Jack just turned away, not saying anything.

***

After the rest of gym passed in awkward silence between me and Jack, I headed to chemistry. Not my favorite class, but it was interesting when someone ended up screwing up.

Since chemistry was my last class of the day, when the bell rang I threw all my books into my locker and practically sprinted home. My mom didn't pick me up from school; I liked walking, and plus she had work.

"Hey! Alex!"

I turned around to see Jack jogging towards me.

"Um, hi," I said to him awkwardly when he caught up to me.

"Hey. Uh, I was just walking this way, and I noticed you, so I thought I could talk to you."

"Oh. Okay. So, if we have gym together, and walk the same way home, why haven't we noticed each other before?" I asked, slightly worried he was stalking me.

"I have football practice after school, but we didn't today since the coach was sick or some shit."

"Oh. That sucks."