one.

eleven had been doing the same thing all summer. sitting in her room kissing mike. that's all she ever did. when they were with their friends? mike would pull her aside and kiss her. at mike's house? in the basement, kissing. at the park? sitting on the bench kissing. eleven didn't even want to sit on the bench. she wanted to go lay in the grass amongst the flowers. but what did mike say? "ew, the grass is dirty. bugs will crawl on me." eleven didn't care if mike layed with her or not. she wanted to be in the grass. but no. she had to be with mike. and they had to be kissing. they rarely ever had an actual conversation anymore.

eleven sat against her headboard in silence. she fiddled with her fingers, her eyes darting. she didn't feel the same with mike as she did when they first started dating. she wasn't sure what she should do.

mike sat in her spinning chair in the corner of the room, his eyes locked on her. he knew something was up.

"el?"

she immediately stopped.

"what's the matter?"

she awkwardly shifted and her breathing became heavy. what's the matter? how was she supposed to tell him she didn't want to kiss him anymore? how was she supposed to tell him that she didn't like him anymore? she's always been bad at explaining things.

she began to fiddle with her shoelaces. "um, is...is nancy home?"

"nancy? what do you need nancy for? we're not even at my house."

"mike."

he froze. the tone in her voice was different. it wasn't happy, it wasn't sad, it wasn't even scared. she seemed...mad.

"y...yeah she's home. why?"

she tied her shoe and got up and left the room. she told hopper she was going to see nancy, he didn't question it. whenever she mentioned she was going to see another girl he never questioned it. he wasn't good at anything girly.

eleven walked out and got on her bike and started the ride to the wheelers house. she began to question whether or not to talk to nancy about this certain situation, she is mike's sister after all. nancy has always been there for el, though, when her and mike would have a fight. they both agreed the relationship was toxic, but eleven didn't know what to do. now, the relationship had just gotten worse. eleven began to not only be unhappy with mike, but she would start crying herself to sleep, she would even cry when they were kissing and he didn't even notice. he was very controlling of her as well. eleven didn't want to lose mike, she just wanted to be free.