six.

"he called you a what?!" max was filled with anger, her face turning as red as a tomato.

will started to cry. el hated when he cried, they were practically siblings. she wrapped him in a hug while max had steam blowing out of her head.

"when i see that little-"

"max."

she stopped and looked at eleven, who was staring at her with her eyebrows up.

"will," he looked up from her shoulder. "how about me and max let you come with us to go get ice cream and hang out, okay? you need a bit of time away from the others."

"b...but would  it be okay with-"

"max doesn't care."

max looked over at her. "right max?" eleven said, forcefully. "yeah, right. cmon will."

——————————-

two hours later the three had eaten as much ice cream as they could. they felt as if it was going to make there stomachs explode. max decided to go to the byers house along with will and el. joyce was pretty fond of max, so she hoped that she didn't mind her coming over without warning. it had started to pour when they were biking from the mall to the house, so they walked in dripping.

eleven struggled to get her converse off while will bent down to untie his, and max's shoes practically fell off.

joyce heard footsteps as she ran down the hallway. "will, el?" she stopped as soon as she saw them. "max!" she smiled. they all smiled back, as max shifted uncomfortably. "oh, your all soaked! el, do you still have some of your clothes here you could change into and share with max? i can throw everything in the dryer real quick!"

eleven nodded and walked over to wills room where a bag full of clothes sat on the ground as max followed. joyce helped will get his jacket off as it was sticking to him.

"is hop here?" eleven asked, hopefully.

"yes, he just ran out to go get some food. mcdonald's, i think."

mcdonald's. max looked at el, who looked at max. she laughed. "i could eat more," el giggled, raising an eyebrow. she threw a sweatshirt and a pair of shorts at max as she held her own. "will, your rooms all clear," she yelled as her and max walked to the bathroom.