The Scariest Day and Almost Everything Afterwards - Part 2

So, here we are now, at an even scarier time, wearing even scarier clothing and soon to be saying even scarier words.

I was standing at the front of the room, resisting the urge to play with my black tie. The tuxedo felt extremely uncomfortable and I had an itch in my butt. Except I was in front of my dad, my mom, my step-dad, Bob the Titan, Athena, Damasen the Giant and a lot of others, so scratching my butt would be kind or embarrassing.

After a few awkward moments of silence and no movement, the back doors of my father's underwater sea palace – which he put oxygen in just for this occasion - opened, and out the doors came the flower girls – Thalia, daughter of Zeus, Piper, daughter of Aphrodite, Hazel, daughter of Pluto and Reyna and Hylla, daughters of Bellona. After them, came the moment of the night. She was just so beautiful, walking down the aisle in her big, poofy white dress (that did not suit her at all, mind you, and she looked extremely uncomfortable in) but she was smiling and looked beautiful nonetheless.

When she finally got to where I was standing – seriously, it took forever – and we were listening but not really to the person talking about the vows or whatever, I breathed "Annabeth." at the same time that she said "Percy."

That's it. Just the other person's name as if that showed how much we loved each other.

After the dude got to the last parts of the speech thing "Perseus Jackson, do you take Annabeth Chase to be your wife?"

"Yeah, of course – I mean, ahem, I do."

"And, Annabeth Chase, do you take Perseus Jackson to be your husband?"

"I do."

The vows dude then turned to the audience. "Are there any objections?"

The room was silent. I saw my Dad, teary eyed but smiling, and Tyson – my Cyclops half-brother, long story – seemed to want to give me a big lose-your-breath-completely hug, and I couldn't help but smile.

He turned back on us. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

So, we kissed, and afterwards, did the "Hi, how are you?" kind thing to everyone outside in the after-party thingo. Suddenly Athena came up to me while Annabeth was having a good old chat to her new parents in law – my Dad, my step-dad and my mom - at the gift table.

I was so nervous that Athena was going to say something about how she "Doesn't approve of my friendship or anything further with her daughter." that I'd almost forgotten about just having gotten married to this goddess's daughter.

"So, I'm kind of surprised that you didn't object earlier."

Athena looked really angry at me, then she smiled. "I am glad that you and Annabeth are happy together, and gods forbid you two never have to be divorced."

I was so stunned that she had just said something nice to me, I realised I had forgotten to respond to an almighty goddess. That could result in some very bad... results. Also, Annabeth was calling to me.

"Uhh, thanks. Umm, I've got to go. Bye?"

"Goodbye, Perseus Jackson. May the gods bless you."

Athena walked off.

I went over to Annabeth. "What is it?"

She was smiling so much I thought her face would rip apart. Which was possible. "Look at what some surprise person got us!"

I looked at the table. There were some boring things – a blow-up pool (beaches are better), a few hundred-dollar bills – then I saw what Annabeth was trying to show me. "Oh my gods! Is that the backpack you had just before we fell into Tartarus? And the dagger Luke gave you? And" I gasped here. "Daedalus' laptop! Who, when, where and how?"

"Who, I don't know, but I think it was my mom. I don't know when, where, it was probably found in Italy somewhere, and as for how? Well, if it was a god, then probably through magic, otherwise I wouldn't know."

"Ok then, well that's great news! But guess what? Your mom just said something NICE to me, and it was about our relationship!"

"Really? What did she say?"

I told her what had just occurred, and she seemed slightly surprised. Only slightly, though.

"Wow! That's great!"

Ok, so the rest of the after-wedding was boring, so I'm just going to skip to a few years later...