the (second) night i didnt sleep

the second night i didn't sleep, i stayed up until 3 AM with you talking about all the boys who've broke my soul.

the second night i didn't sleep, you told me my eyes were something beautiful, something you could stare into for hours.

the second night i didn't sleep, i wondered what it would be like to hold your hand, to be in your arms.

the second night i didn't sleep, you taught me what healthy looks like.

you cared for me , checked in on me, and listened to me as i shared the stories that have broken me, yet shaped me.

we laugh and joke, but we also open up and cry.

you are the person i have been waiting for. all the hurt, all the ache, it's been worth it to be the person i want to be, the one you know.

you a rarity.

the second night i didn't sleep, i wrote this poem. to know and make known that there are good boys out there. to know and to make known that pain does not last. to know and to hold onto the fact that you. deserve. love.

pure, true, authentic love that causes you to stay up giddy, imagining all the things you could do together. you deserve this whole world, this sky full of changing stars.

so on nights that you don't sleep, feeling worthless and alone, or days when you sleep too much, so you don't feel numb..know that nights like these are on the horizon.