Chapter 5: Julia

I quietly scream at the sight of undead Julia.

"What's your problem?" she asks me, sashaying away with her group of friends as though she never left. Yet, something about her felt different.

"Hey, where'd you run off too?" Laurie asks, sneaking up from behind me.

"God Laurie!!! Don't do that!" I reply, frightened.

"Leah, are you ok? The whole murder talk kind of freaked me out. I'm worried about you." my best friend says softly.

"Yeah, I'm alright now. Just a misunderstanding." I lie.

"Must've been a pretty big misunderstanding! C'mon, let's go home." We're halfway to the parking lot when I notice Julia following us and acting very strange.

"I'll be right back," I tell Laurie, who gives me a curious look but shrugs it off. As I approach Julia, her behavior escalates from strange to scary, as I swear she's smelling the air as if tracking a scent. When I finally reach her, she's in a predator type stance, almost like she sees me as prey.

"Julia, are you ok?" I ask, shaking. "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine," she replies, "just hungry." Suddenly, she whisks me away from prying eyes and bites me on the neck. I try to scream, but I'm in such a state of shock that nothing comes out of my mouth.

"Help" I manage to squeak. No reply. As time passes, the world begins to turn black, and I slowly begin to lose feeling in my body. What's weird is that I feel peaceful, not fearful of my impending death. I attempt to glance at Julia one last time before completely blacking out, but as soon as we lock eyes she lets go and screams.

"What are you doing to me?" she cries, grabbing her head, but I'm too out of it to see who she's yelling at. I guess the pain was too much for her because she zooms away before finishing me off. As I use my last bit of energy to lean against the wall, I hear a voice echo in the distance.

"Leah! Leah where are you?" a voice that sounds like Laurie yells. I try to respond, but I'm completely paralyzed against the wall. Laurie's voice quickly fades away, leaving me in the silence. As I close my eyes, I feel someone strong lift my dying body off the ground and carry me away from my presumed death bed. Even in my current state, I know in my heart that it's Cris.